Director of Career Services and Alumni Relations at the Modern College of Design in Kettering, Ohio
Job Opportunity – Director of Career Services and Alumni Relations with Modern College of Design in Kettering, OH
Do you have a passion for developing relationships with local businesses and making strong connections with the community? Do you want to use your knowledge of design, sales, or human resources/recruitment to help our graduates secure employment opportunities? If so, we want to speak with you about our position.
For over three decades The Modern has been passionately pursuing excellence in design. Named as one of the top design schools in the country for over a decade, our faculty and staff have served students with unwavering commitment and energy. Our students have poured themselves into their work – committed to their careers. Recognized for its strong career placement rate, The Modern offers both an Associate Degree Program and a Bachelor Degree Completion Program.
The Modern is seeking an outgoing and highly detailed Director of Career Services and Alumni Relations to secure externships, co-ops, and employment opportunities for our graduates by expanding employer partnerships, deepening relationships with alums, and representing The Modern in the community. To achieve these goals, the Director of Career Services and Alumni Relations will:
- Secure opportunities for graduates to meet or exceed The Modern’s graduate employment rate goals.
- Verify and report graduates’ employment.
- Expand The Modern’s network of professional contacts in the in Dayton, Cincinnati, Columbus, and regional and national markets and update and maintain the database of professional contacts.
- Work with the Chief Academic Officer to integrate professional development practices into the curriculum, including coordinating and teaching Externship and Co-op courses.
- Provide accurate employment data for reporting purposes.
- Develop and maintain a positive and active alumni network.
- Track and report industry trends to inform curriculum decisions.
- Act as a liaison to other college departments as required.
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum four to six (4-6) years of experience in design, sales, technology, or recruiting/human resources
- Higher education experience is preferred, but not required
- Outstanding professionalism verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate ability to develop relationships with diverse populations
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and to be a self-starter
- Highly motivational, energetic, and collaborative personality
- Ongoing student focus at all times
- Proficiency in G Suite, Anthology Student, Slack, MailChimp, LinkedIn Recruiter, or related software
Are you ready to join a creative team and to change students’ lives and create the next generation of design leaders? Apply online at https://grnh.se/d08a14d83us or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.