Rehire a retired employee as a contractor

You hear of many employers bringing back retired workers as "contract workers".  If the employee is essentially doing the same job, how are companies able to now call them a contract worker and pay them using a 1099 instead of a W-2?

1reply Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
Like1 Follow
  • 7 yrs agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 355Views
  • 3 Following