GCHRA March HR Roundtable - 3/1/22
Let’s start off by shaking the tree a bit !! I don’t believe in goals.
Now you need to decide if you want to find out why . . .
Goals are the language of business. We set goals, we ignore goals. Then we set more goals that we feel are now more relevant than the first set of goals that were agreed upon. In the midst of this, people are expected to perform. We focus on setting goals but ignore giving people expectations in their jobs.
So, for the March HR Roundtable, we’re going to discuss – “How can we set, and sustain, expectations for people to perform (and meet goals)?”
Join us as we gather at the Community Center at Scarlet Oaks on Tuesday, 3/1/22 from 8:30am to 9:30am (directions are below).
So, here’s my first expectation. I’d like to you RSVP to let me know if you can make the March HR Roundtable or not. Hearing from you allows us to plan for space. Now, my “goal” is for everyone who gets this announcement to attend. I’m fairly sure we won’t hit that goal, but you can dream.
To RSVP - just email me at: email@example.com
Let me know and hope to see you there !!
Thanks – Steve
Instructions for the HR Roundtable at Scarlet Oaks:
- The HR Roundtable is open to one and all !! The meeting has an HR/Business focus each month and we get together to discuss that topic as well as network. So, if you’re in HR, are a small business owner, are a resource partner who works with HR folks, a professional in transition, etc. – you are welcome to attend the Roundtable !!
- The “dress” for the Roundtable is business casual. We’re not very formal and you’ll be fine however you dress. It’s more important to have you come and attend the forum !!
- Please come in and sign in for the Roundtable. Note that if you go to any other Great Oaks door, you’ll be asked to have a picture ID and you will receive a Visitors badge as part of their security system.
- Chances are I’ll be outside to greet you and welcome you to the Roundtable so you can find the right door to come and join the forum !!
- If you’re someone in transition, feel free to bring five (5) copies of your resume to put out at our Resume Table.
Directions to the HR Roundtable at Scarlet Oaks:
- From I-71: Take I-275 West to Mosteller Road (Exit #44); From I-75: Take I-275 East to Mosteller Road (Exit #44)
- Turn Left (south) onto Mosteller Road.
- Turn Left at the 1st traffic light onto East Kemper Road.
- The Entrance to the Great Oaks campus is 0.7 miles on the Left at the 3rd traffic light.
- Turn left onto Enterprise Drive and go straight past the gateway entrance.
- Go to the Parking Lot in front of the High School.
- The entrance for the Community Center Room (Building 300) is to the left of the Main Entrance. Here is a link for a map of the Scarlet Oaks campus. - http://mapq.st/2i6LBRD