VP Management & OD for Sherwin Williams in Cleveland, Ohio
(This came to me from Leigh Mars of Ratliff & Taylor - Steve)
The Sherwin-Williams Company delivers the best in paint and coatings products to
the world. Every day, our more than 60,000 employees provide the energy and
experience to build on our track record of success – enabling us to innovate and
grow in new and exciting ways. With our people as the foundation of our Company,
we offer industry-leading innovation, value-added service and expertise, and
differentiated distribution to our growing base of professional, industrial,
commercial, and consumer customers.
Sherwin-Williams has one of the industry’s most recognized portfolios of branded
and private-label products. The Company’s Sherwin-Williams® branded products are
sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,438 company-operated stores and facilities in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean and Latin America.
Additional brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors across North America and in parts of Europe, China, and Latin
America. We also supply a broad range of highly engineered solutions for the construction, industrial, packaging, and transportation markets in more than 120 countries around the world.
Please visit their website for more information:
Building Our Future: New Global HQ and R&D Center
This role has 5 Direct and 11 Indirect reports including: HR Director - Talent Management, HR Director – Operations, HR Manager-L&OD, HR Manager-Program Manager, HR Coordinator
SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will lead the strategic direction, design, and development of enterprise-wide standards of Integrated Talent Management. Reporting to the SVP of HR, this role will work with executives and HR Leaders to understand the business needs and build a strong, diverse, ready-now talent pipeline. The VP, Management & OD will collaborate across the
business units and functions and will partner with those stakeholders to optimize the impact of Talent strategies at all levels in the organization.
KEY ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Design and execute programs that will improve individual, team, and organizational performance, including leading organization-wide efforts on leadership development, succession planning, performance and change management, and engagement.
- Lead Talent management activities to ensure they are effective, efficient, and inclusive. Develop and execute a vision for these systems, tools, and processes.
- Provide opportunities to leverage technology and people analytics that build a culture of data-driven decision-making.
- Ownership for employee listening tools, processes, cadence, delivery, and communication, and work with each business to drive action plans.
- Manage the Senior Executive Succession efforts including the individual development planning process for executives and emerging leaders.
- Foster an HR brand of excellence, continuous improvement, and collaboration with a high value on respect, engagement, and execution.
- Effectively manage vendors who support our talent management strategies to ensure relationships are value-added and cost-effective.
- This position is based in Sherwin-Williams’ Cleveland, OH Headquarters and offers a hybrid work schedule (3 days in the office, up to 2 days from home)
- RELOCATION to Cleveland is required
- Union & Non-Union Employees
- 61k employees, 700 in HR
- Regions Supported; US, CA, Latin America, EMEAI & APAC
- Will work with; Internal employees, vendors, recruiters & job applicants
- Travel; 10%
- Strong leadership skills with a track record of developing and engaging others for peak performance.
- Project management experience with large-scale and high-impact projects and initiatives.
- Experience developing and/or executing talent management strategies including training curriculum, learning technology platforms, employee onboarding, execute development, succession planning, and various organizational development opportunities.
- Customer-centric and hyper-responsive to the needs of the business.
- Superior interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to establish strategy and sound execution plans to deliver targeted outcomes.
- Strong executive presence and comfort operating at the highest levels of the organization including CEO and Board level interactions.
- Ability to build influential partnerships across the enterprise.
- Demonstrated global acumen with the capability to adapt to different cultures.
- Approaching all aspects of the work with an Inclusion, Diversity & Equity lens.
- Continuous improvement mentality in all areas of responsibility with the ability to establish sound processes, systems and disciplines.
- Ability to manage and operate with highly confidential matters.
- A “One HR Team” Mentality.
- Must be able to sit, stand, hear, and see on a constant basis.
- Must be able to walk, write and type on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to climb and descend stairs.
- Must be able to bend, carry, reach, push and pull on an occasional basis.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Employees must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
If you're interested or know someone who is, please contact:
LEIGH MARS | Sr. Consultant Executive Search | 216-901-7104 | LMARS@rtcpi.com