On-line Training on Employment Law
(Posting this for Michelle Pinsky, HR practitioner and "new" to the HR Net)
Does anyone know of any HR "refresher" type classes that are online? Looking for updates on employment law and other areas of HR that have have changed in the last few years.
Any insight would be helpful.
Thank you - Michelle
Michelle glad to hear you are back! Check out the events page on our website ( http://strategichrinc.com/events/ ). It's a free resource for folks to post HR related events. There is a mix of webinars and traditional programs including many from local law firms. Some of the events are free and some do have a fee with them. A few coming up include the HR Collaborative on Wednesday (4/26) and the Patty Pryor on Employment Law 2017 (5/9).
I have found there to be a huge need in the HR community for Employment Law Courses. MUCH of my practice is dealing with problems caused by HR people who did not know the law or did not know what has changed. I just finished four such courses, which I call Scott's Law College Videos. There is one on the ADA, FMLA, FLSA and Illegal Harassment. They have all been updated for 2017. Just go to www.scottwarrick.com and go to the far right icon entitled, "SCOTT'S LAW COLLEGE COURSES." These courses are all broken down into class sessions, anywhere from 10 to 27 classes.
Here are some resources that help me stay abreast in employment law and some HR:
- http://www.laborlawyers.com/events (Fisher Phillips, LLP)
- http://imperativeinfo.com/human-resources-webinars/ (background screening company)
- http://www.fordharrison.com/webinars.aspx?type=past (FordHarrison)
- http://us.manpower.com/us/en/research/webinars/default.jsp (some are through BrightTalk – free site to register)
- www.bizlibrary.com (some HR & mainly professional development)