HR Guru/Recruiter - Weatherables, Groveport, Ohio
Weatherables is seeking a HR specialist. What does that mean? Well, we have simply grown too much and need a dedicated HR professional to work with our team to manage the day to day HR responsibilities. You will be part of a 3 member team helping us manage about 85 FTE and growing.
You are going to be the front line of Hiring and General HR Admin! Don’t get stuck in a
bureaucratic stuffy office, @ Weatherables you can make a difference and grow with the
Since we are growing, we need top talent; we hire and evaluate our team members based on our values. We are pretty good at it, but not great at it, hence why we need you. It sounds easy, but we have a wide range of positions, from picking and packing orders to sales representatives, and we need a balance based on the position. You will be the front line for evaluating candidates before our team members step in and interview.
Our team has identified Kolbe RightFit as a basis for our hiring methodology to become more successful in hiring the right person for the right seat. Kolbe is based on figuring out your strengths and making sure those strengths align with the position to be successful. Don’t worry if you never have heard of Kolbe, you are smart; we are going to send you so you can get trained and certified in the Kolbe methodology. Kolbe is not only used in hiring, once you become an expert, you will roll out Kolbe to our entire
Lastly, you will have day to day HR responsibilities; with your experience you get it, payroll, benefits, etc. The Human Resources Specialist reports directly to the Accounting Manager and works with the VP of Operations. Our company uses the EOS Traction operating system; we will train you on the system.
What the heck is Weatherables?
What started out as a side gig a little over 18 years ago with two guys selling vinyl fence from a rundown garage after putting in a full day at the office at their “real” job has now turned into an industry leading vinyl fencing and railing company that sells to consumers and businesses all across the country. How does a company with such humble beginnings grow to being an industry leader? It really all started when several years in, one of the guys (the owner with an IT background) was intrigued by the magic of the emerging internet and built a website and started selling vinyl fence online.
Now, fast forward to 2018, we’ve added over 100 amazing people that are just as committed to providing a superior customer experience (lucky for us, those 2 guys from the early days are still hanging around). Today Weatherables is an industry leader that not only sells vinyl fencing and railing but we also manufacture our own products. We’ve learned a few things along the way and as a result, our website looks a bit (a lot) better, we’ve gained some awesome partners (check out our products featured on HomeDepot.com and later this year in stores) and we’ve built an amazing team that made it all possible.
What you will be doing day to day:
- At first, get acclimated with Weatherables and then we will be sending you off to the 3 day Kolbe certification training.
- Initial interviewing and evaluating prospective team members per our developed processes, create a bench of people we can pick from when we have an opening.
- Candidate screenings, calling references, facilitating second interviews with the appropriate internal staff members.
- Working though HR issues with team members (benefit issues, payroll issues, etc).
- General Payroll Administration
- General Benefits Administration
- General HR Administration – manage employee files, new hires, ensure setup of new employee’s space, maintain confidential HR files, request for employment verifications, manage employee incentive programs, and respond to employee questions.
What makes us different?
Our team members are more like family members than employees, so I guess you could say we’re looking to expand our family. No, we’re not trying to marry off cousin Eddy! We’re looking for a unique person that fits our culture, likes to have fun and who appreciates and lives our core values. In short, a talented individual looking for a home where they are appreciated for sharing their creativity and strengths, are encouraged to expand their talents and who wants to be involved in making critical marketing decisions for our company.
- Full Time Position – On-site, not remote or telecommute
- Travel: Very Minimal, typically only for training purposes
- Position hours – TBD based on business needs– we are open from 7:00am to 6:00pm
- Benefits include: Casual environment, CBJ company tickets, PTO, health insurance, paid holidays, 401K match (after year 1) – yearly basketball tourney, food trucks a few times a year, and every once in a while, we bring in a mechanical bull – it is harder than you think.
Deep skills you have:
- Degree in Human Resources (or other relevant major)
- At least 1-2 years of HR related experiences
- Excited to get Kolbe Certified!
- Ability to “take ownership” of the HR hiring process and the ability to create the hiring methodology – don’t worry we work as a team to help
- Exhibits maturity; demonstrating advanced social/emotional/interpersonal skills, trustworthiness and ability to ensure confidentiality.
As a company, we are fully committed to our culture. Experience is important, but living out our values on a daily basis makes you a right fit.
- Be a Dedicated Team Player – Strong work ethic, get shit done
- Show Compassion & Respect – Caring, fair, humble
- Take Ownership – Prompt, attention to detail
- Our mission/vision is a “Superior Customer Experience” all decisions we make are based on the customer experience, we put ourselves in the customer shoes…
Email questions, comments and/or concerns along with your resume to – firstname.lastname@example.org