HR Manager - BWay Corporation - Cincinnati
BWay Corp. - Cincinnati, OH
BWAY is one of the largest manufacturers of rigid metal and plastic containers in North America. Our diverse products and broad geographic reach have made us a market leader in the general line packaging industry. BWAY offers comprehensive packaging for a wide variety of applications. BWAY is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities/females/vets/disability.
The Human Resources Manager acts as a strategic business partner and leader in developing and applying human resources best practices in accordance with BWAY principles to support business needs and organizational development within a union environment. Ensures the company attracts, retains, develops and motivates the workforce to effectively meet the strategic business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides coaching, leadership and support to managers and employees regarding Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, questions and concerns.
• Actively participates and leads plant safety program. Leads DuPont STOP program and responsible for managing all safety related documentation including accident reporting and OSHA documentation/record-keeping.
• Leads and assists in managing all employment practices which include recruitment, orientation, professional development of employees, promotions, transfers, terminations and temporary agency utilization.
• Recruits all salaried exempt/non-exempt, hourly, part-time and agency employees.
• Ensures employee on-boarding and orientation is effective. Follows-up as necessary.
• Administers various human resource policies for site including the administration of attendance and disciplinary policies ensuring consistency within location.
• Manages performance review process and ensures employee training is inclusive of any competency development plans.
• Administers all employee benefit and payroll programs and coordinating with corporate as necessary; works with payroll if needed to answer employees’ questions about checks.
• Participates in employee disciplinary and/or counseling issues with supervision as necessary; reviews any disciplinary documentation as it may apply.
• Acts as employee liaison with regard to employee relations concerns and handles human resources legal issues as required.
• Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducts investigations; maintains records; represents the organization at hearings.
• Utilizes excellent communication and interpersonal skills; successfully establishes and maintains professional relationships and works effectively with all levels of management and employees.
• Administers and manages union contracts. Works with Business Agent as necessary, responds to grievances and participates in contract negotiations.
• Maintains positive employee relations in general; in non-union environments focuses on maintaining union-free status.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource related field, M.S. degree is a plus
• Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
• PHR/SPHR certification
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in partnering with business leaders in a fast-paced changing operations environment
• Knowledge of HR labor and employment law, and the ability to interpret, apply and articulate this knowledge in support of business initiatives
• Demonstrated ability to present, influence, negotiate and effectively coach managers and supervisors to use the company best practices
• Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills
• Ability to express opinions in a professional manner, strong conflict resolution skills
• Good organizational, planning and follow up skills
• Prior experience in union environments.
• Attention to Communication
• Managing Change
• Personal Credibility
• Fostering Teamwork
• Strategic Thinking
To apply, please visit our website at www.BWayCorp.com