Manager, Benefits/Comp/HRIS-Cleveland, OH
Drive the overall strategy, design, development, implementation, compliance management and communication of the Company’s health and welfare, defined contribution, workers compensation, paid time off and voluntary benefit plans. Responsible for administering salary management and total rewards programs. Ensures that the benefit plans are cost effective and competitive in the targeted employer market.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Manage the Benefits Department and staff.
- Plan and manage the implementation and administration of the medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, Flexible Spending, voluntary plans, COBRA and Employee Assistance program.
- Manage the administration, compliance and funding of the Company’s defined contribution plan including coordination of non-discrimination testing.
- Provide comprehensive benefit communication materials and service to promote recognition, value and optimum utilization of the Company’s benefit plans.
- Develop and maintain benefit plan cost and claims experience history to assist in annual benefit cost projections and budgeting.
- Develop and engage in annual renewal strategies and carrier/vendor contract renewal negotiations.
- Assure benefit plan compliance including annual 5500 reporting, Plan documents, and Summary Plan Descriptions and Company policies.
- Monitor and analyze current trends in benefit practices, costs and plan designs, develop and present recommendations to management.
- Manage the selection of vendors and subsequent relationships with plan carriers, administrators, brokers and consultants.
- Communicate and conduct process for annual open enrollment.
- Manage the administration and compliance of the Company’s insured and monopolistic state Worker’s Compensation programs.
- Responsible for Compensation programs, both Home Office and Field.
- Provide supervision and direction to PT Compensation staff on as-needed project basis.
- Ensure compliance with FLSA/ADA/DOL and State and local regulations.
- Write, evaluate, benchmark, and market value position descriptions.
- Evaluate industry salary surveys annually and make recommendations on any appropriate wage adjustments.
- Implement, drive and develop Incentive Plans.
- Assume additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed.
- Manage the HRIS Department and staff.
- Manage employee data and processes to ensure compliance with benefit plans regarding employee status, holiday pay, administrative terminations, etc.
- Maintain Benefit Plans in Lawson.
- Oversee I-9 and E-Verify compliance.
- Oversee unemployment process and employment verification via third-party administrator.
- Analyze/create position and job control within the Lawson System ensuring data integrity.
- Responsible for applicant tracking/on-boarding system; Lawson HRIS system.
- Manage HR report writing function. Design ad-hoc reports and complete Government filings as required. Provide the data and analysis in support of HR leadership and initiatives.
- Oversee the set up and maintenance of Teammate specific data within the Lawson Payroll/HRIS.
- Collaborate with internal and external legal resources to mitigate risk in matters of compliance and potential litigation.
- Provide counsel to HR staff, management, Teammates on benefits and related policies, practices and compliance.
Skills and Abilities
- Business acumen.
- Functional and technical skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment, including mathematic skills, PC skills, and Excel.
- Bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably.
- Effectively copes with change; acts without having the total picture; comfortably handles risk.
- Is objective in all matters; maintains neutrality when dealing with confidential information; allows facts to be the determining factor.
- Widely trusted; keeps information confidential.
- Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; gets more done in less time than others; detail oriented.
- Establishes clear directions; clear communicator; brings out the best in people.
- Addresses performance opportunity of direct reports in a timely manner; uses good judgment when difficult decisions are necessary.
- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Can deal comfortably with senior managers without undue tension and nervousness; can craft approaches likely to be seen as appropriate and positive.
- Can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked.
- Relates well and motivates all types of direct reports; someone for which people like to work.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, Psychology or a related field
- Minimum 5-7 years in HR Management including specific Compensation and Benefits experience
- Previous staff supervisory experience
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience working with HRIS systems
- Prior experience working with Lawson HRIS system preferred
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- CEBS, CCP and/or SPHR, SHRM-SCP preferred
Interested and qualified candidates please contact Meredith Daly 678-525-1941 or apply online at meredithdaly.com