Describe a time when your ability to communicate effectively in a highly sensitive situation helped to produce a successful outcome?
- What was the situation and what made it sensitive?
- What aspects of your communication did you focus on to help produce a positive outcome?
- What was the outcome?
Describe a time when you sought an alternative approach in a situation where the usual approach was not working.
- How was the usual approach not effective in this case?
- How did you adapt your approach or implement a new approach?
- Were you successful in addressing the situation in this way?
- What was the final outcome?
I love this question - and would highly recommend ensuring these questions are tied to your DEFINED Keys to Success within your culture (no more trusting your gut!).
Ex. If company values Customer Service.
Question: Tell me about a time that you delivered legendary customer service? What was the situation? What happened? When the person tells a behavior-based story (past behavior predicts future behavior) that sounds like your definition - BOOM. Leaning toward a culture fit, no guessing. (Obviously needing to check other Keys to Success also...but on the right path!)
If interested, you can learn more about Culture - Your Key to Success at www.thrivewithmb.com