HR Consultant at Tandem HR in Westchester, Illinois
The Consultant, HR Client Services is responsible for growing and maintaining and growing client satisfaction within the book of assigned accounts, using both customer service and human resources management skills. The Consultant, HR Client Services has an expansive knowledge of human resources and is able to guide clients through complex people matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze client needs to develop appropriate Human Resources strategies to increase client satisfaction, retention, and enhance business performance
- Proactively consult with clients and recommend strategic HR solutions to improve critical business objectives.
- Manage client service plans including HR deliverables.
- Respond to client employee, management, and executive inquires related to HR, Payroll, Benefits, Worker’s Compensation, Unemployment Claims, etc.
- Develop, revise, and implement HR policy and procedure
- Interpret and stay up to date on implications of Federal, State and Local laws and regulations related to the Human Resources function including, but not limited to, FLSA, ADA, HIPAA, other data privacy rules and regulations, Civil Rights Act of 1964, and FMLA vis a vis client issues and decisions and know when to obtain legal or other advice.
- Leverage appropriate colleagues as needed across the organization to drive service levels to include a partnership with Senior Consultant colleagues on complex personnel-related situations and recommendations.
- Undertake any other related activities as requested.
- BA/BS Degree in a related area required.
- PHR/SPHR certification, or willingness to obtain within first twelve (12) months of employment.
- At least three (3) years exempt level HR experience.
- Proficient use of technology – HR software, HRIS Systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State and Local laws and regulations related to the Human Resources function including, but not limited to, FLSA, ADA, Civil Rights Act of 1964, and FMLA.
- Specialized knowledge of general human resources policies, program, methods, practices and procedures related to Employee Relations, Staffing, Compensation, and EEO Administration.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Perform onsite client visits as needed
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other instructions and duties. This job description may be revised from time to time and does not constitute a contract for employment.