Newly Created Role in Chicago, Illinois! Director of Human Resources for a Global Manufacturing Company
Are you looking for an HR Leadership role where you can make a positive impact on the organization on a global scale?
Are you looking for an HR Leadership role that you can develop and make your own?
Take a look at this newly created role in the Greater Chicago area!
Contact Julie Doyle at: Jdoyle@hrc.com
Due to the client’s continued growth, there is an immediate opening for an experienced Director of Human Resources with global manufacturing experience to join their team. This is a newly created role that reports to the President/CEO and will be a member of the senior leadership team.
About our client:
With over 100 years in business, our client has become a first-class global provider of customized solutions for precision metal stamping, wire forms, fabricated parts, springs, and integrated assemblies to a variety of markets. They are a global manufacturer with locations in the USA, Mexico, China, and SE Asia. This position is located in the greater Chicago area of Oak Brook, Illinois.
About the job:
Director Human Resources - Manufacturing – Chicago, IL
Description of Position:
- Global Manufacturer for Automotive and Industrial
- Highly visible role reporting to President/CEO with 5 manufacturing plants
- Bi-lingual, English and Mandarin is strongly preferred
- Oversee all HR responsibilities
- Drive change process by working with executive management team creating a positive mentality and can-do attitude within corporate and plant environments
- Establish and drive a culture based on success in line with the company's corporate values
- Participate in business strategy planning and workforce planning
- Participate in strategic projects at the company's various manufacturing facilities and establish a well-functioning matrix organization as one of our success drivers
- Partner with manufacturing plants and HR Managers to ensure plant performance and objectives are being met
- Ensure organization a strong talent management and development process and program to ensure continued employee growth and organizational succession planning
- Build effective relationships to support all employee relations issues
- Develop HR policies and programs for organizational development, planning & training
- Own, maintain and create a competitive benefits, Health & Safety, and employee services package
- Work on education and development programs to ensure that we attract, grow, and retain talent at all levels within our organization.
- This position is located in Oak Brook, Illinois. Must be willing to relocate or commute.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree required in Human Resources, Business or related, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of HR experience within a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 7 years of HR leadership experience
- Must have experience with multi-site experience overseeing multi manufacturing plants
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment with competing and changing priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have experience in lean manufacturing settings
- Strong background in employee relations and legal compliance, recruitment and selections, performance management, compensation, and change management
- Strong communication skills verbal and written with an open and direct communication style
- Ability to influence and coach management and leadership team
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion with highly confidential business and employee information
- Must be willing to travel up to 10%-20% of the time as needed to successfully perform the essential functions of the role
Essential Training/ Skills Needed:
- Bi-lingual, Mandarin and English- Strongly Preferred
- MS Office proficiency including Word, Outlook, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
- HRIS and ADP/payroll experience
- Knowledge of current state and federal labor and wage & hour laws
- Knowledge of current state and federal OSHA safety regulations
- Leadership training
- Understanding of quality systems standards
- Professional demeanor, with strong regard for confidentiality
- Various site HR managers in China, Malaysia, Mexico and the U.S.
Competitive Base salary, annual bonus, full benefits, 401(k), vacation, holidays, etc.
The client does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.