Recommendations for Employee Management Training Needed!
I work at a small marketing tech company and have just identified a BIG need to provide training courses for new Managers around effective communication with their direct reports. Any recommendations you can send my way?
Thanks for your input - Laura
Hello Laura. The Kevin Eikenberry Group offers a variety of training opportunities to develop the talent in your organization.
Specifically, our Bud to Boss workshop is designed with managers in mind and gives them the skills to lead successfully. This is applicable for both new and experienced managers.
During the training, which can be done virtually or in-house we help leaders:
- Establish your authority without coming off as “bossy”.
- Inspire and motivate employees who are your former colleagues (and maybe even friends!)
- Give difficult and uncomfortable feedback.
- Understand and manage the new expectations that have been put on you in your new role. You now need to get your work done through others.
- Manage high-risk decisions.
- Navigate company politics and handle the inevitable grapevine that you once could choose to participate in or ignore but now must actually manage and even quiet.
Feel free to contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Hi Laura- we started using an online learning management system called Wildsparq for this exact purpose. We are a small family owned manufacturing company and our first line supervisors lacked effective communication skills but were good contributors. It has been an eye opener for them and shown nice returns on the investment. And its cost effective.