Talent Acquisition Specialist - (1-Year Contract) at GEOLAB in Las Vegas, Nevada
Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
Who You Are
Geotab is seeking a Technical Talent Acquisition Specialist who will help us reach Geotab’s growth goals. The Specialist will recruit and administer processes for positions across multiple technical teams. If you enjoy the role of employer spokesperson; if you can juggle and organize competing priorities; and if you are keen to join a technology leader - we would love to hear from you!
What You'll Do
As Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day requirements of Geotab’s recruitment life-cycle. This may include sourcing and headhunting top talent, conducting phone screen interviews and in-person interviews, and making candidate recommendations to hiring managers. You will focus on recruiting the best possible Developers, Data Scientists, Security Engineers, Sales Account Managers, Project Managers, and Support Engineers. You will be required to use our ATS (Lever) and Google Sheets to input recruitment data, generate reports and analyze global recruitment metrics. You will work closely with each department’s hiring manager to clearly understand the roles and the hiring managers' expectations. You will also work closely with the Geotab HR team, Talent Partners, and external recruitment agencies to source the best talent out there. You must have significant experience hiring top technical and non-technical talent, and must be well-versed in role-specific jargon and core competencies.
How You’ll Make An Impact
- Updating ATS, provide reports and data as required to managers
- Sourcing top talent in alignment with the Talent Partner priorities and hiring objectives
- Meeting with the hiring manager to ensure you understand the roles and future requests
- Headhunting strategic candidates to support difficult to fill roles
- Building strong relationships with HR and Talent Business Partners
- Posting roles on job boards, Geotab’s Careers Page, and social media channels
- Using recruitment tools (such as LinkedIn Recruiter) to fill niche positions with passive candidates
- Working closely with selected recruitment agencies for specific staffing requirements
- Screening resumes, conducting phone screens, administering employment tests, in-person interviews
- Communicating with candidates through the recruitment process is key to our success in delivering a quality candidate experience
- Keeping detailed and accurate metrics on time-to-fill, candidate sourcing, etc. for recruitment reporting
- Attending virtual and in-person career fairs
What You’ll Bring To This Role
- 2-4 years experience in an in-house or agency recruitment position, servicing technical and non-technical roles
- Experience with high volume recruitment and interviewing
- Experience managing multiple requests at one time
- Excellent verbal communication and professional writing skills
- Experience with LinkedIn Recruiter, applicant tracking systems, and Google Business Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides) an asset
- Background in HR or professional certification in Human Resources is an asset
- Creative and proven ability to identify passive candidates
- Excellent negotiation skills
Why Job Seekers Choose Geotab
- Work from home and flex work arrangements
- Baby bonus
- Home office reimbursement program
- Online learning and networking opportunities
- Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
- Full medical benefits & 4% 401k company matching RSP (full-time employees only)
How We Work
At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
Geotab provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Geotab complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Geotab expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Geotab's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.