Payroll/Benefits Specialist opportunity at HORAN - Cincinnati, Ohio
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an organization that has won Best Place to Work, has an excellent work environment/culture and an outstanding benefits package, including unlimited PTO.
I’ve listed the full job description below and here is the link to apply: https://horanassoc.com/apply-now
Job Title: Payroll/Benefits Specialist Full or Part Time: Full Time
Department: HR/Operations FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Reports To: VP of Human Resources
Position Summary: The Payroll & Benefits Specialist administers the activities related to the company payroll, benefits and HRIS processing including developing, implementing and monitoring (e.g., performing internal audit & control procedures to ensure that all wages and taxes are accurate). The individual will be the company’s subject matter expert with all payroll, benefits and HRIS administration.
- Process bi-weekly payroll for hourly, salaried, and temporary employees (approximately 160) across four companies; including reviewing and importing hours from time and attendance system, entering tax and direct deposit information, administering regulatory requirements, e.g., garnishments, tax levies, and support orders, and other adjustments to pay as necessary.
- Work with HR & Finance teams to gain a deep understanding of compensation practices and timelines across all lines of business.
- Implement and maintain payroll best practices to improve efficiency and consult with human resources/accounting teams to improve payroll and HRIS processes.
- Implement payroll/HRIS systems upgrades and changes.
- Respond to all unemployment claims in a timely manner.
- Administer the time and attendance policy and paid leave policy for all employees, including FMLA and Short Term Disability.
- Produce scheduled and ad-hoc reports pertaining to payroll, accounting and human resources requirements.
- Understand the importance of regulatory compliance; responsible for the implementation of changes where required (tax laws, contribution maximums, etc.).
- Administer all employee benefit programs including eligibility, enrollments and terminations, including employee deferrals for 401(k), Health Savings Account & Sec 125/132 plans.
- Coordinate the new employee onboarding process & benefits presentations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions, working with the Employee Benefits team.
- Fulfills all governmental regulatory mandates and ensures filings are performed as required.
- Work with the Employee Benefits team to administer the annual open enrollment period. This includes preparation and distribution of materials, conducting meetings to communicate changes to employees, coordinating the process within our Benefits Administration system, and processing changes with Carriers within deadlines.
- Plan, conduct, and report results of audits to ensure all enrollments are accurate and that dependent information is correct for each employee and works closely with accounting for quarterly and year-end audits (payroll, Workers Comp, 401k, etc.).
- Address benefit inquiries to ensure timely and accurate resolutions. Maintain contact with employees and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Process monthly billings from providers. Review billings for accuracy and approve payment in a timely manner. Resolve discrepancies with carriers and payroll.
- Coordinate with third-party administrators to manage disability claims according to the plan.
- Administer online COBRA enrollments/changes and responds to and manage unemployment claims and workers' compensation cases.
- Maintain complete electronic employee personnel files, records, and other documentation for employees, including processing new employees, forms for employment status changes, and maintaining timely and accurate files. Coordinates pre-employment paperwork and processes.
- Prepare statistical summaries and reports from the HRIS involving payroll information, performance management, demographic data, and other employee data, requiring knowledge of the various Human Resources disciplines. Assists to maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data and reviewing source documents for accuracy and completion of data input.
- Generate files/reports such as the EEO1/Vets 100, annual non-discrimination testing for benefits plans, annual reports, as well as other special and ad hoc reports as requested.
- At least 3+ years of experience administering payroll
- HRIS and benefits experience strongly preferred
- Work experience should include knowledge of basic human resources, payroll practices, benefits administration, and compliance or other related experience.
- Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including payroll, benefits, time & attendance and HRIS and self-service systems. Experience with Paycor is a plus.
- Demonstrates exceptional analytical skills and ability to create useful and actionable reports from data using Microsoft Excel.
- Strong attention to detail, particularly around numerical accuracy.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations; excellent customer service skills.
- Possess strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to complete multiple tasks and a high volume of work on deadline.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
For close to 75 years, HORAN has served as a trusted advisor and thorough planner in the areas of employee benefits consulting, wealth management, and life insurance for estate and business planning. HORAN, with its 150+ employees, has grown to become one of the region’s largest privately held financial services and insurance organizations. HORAN represents over 600 companies and 300,000 individuals. The wealth management division has greater than $2.9 billion under its care. HORAN is committed to the Health, Wealth and Life needs of its loyal clientele.
*Contact Holly@thepayrollprocess.com with any questions.