HR Generalist for AACC - Washington, DC Area - Hybrid Role
AACC, a DC-based dynamic, international scientific/medical society of clinical laboratory professionals, physicians, and research scientists focused on clinical chemistry and related disciplines, is seeking a Human Resources Generalist.
The Human Resources Generalist supports the human resources department and serves as the payroll, benefits, and HRIS administrator. Along with the Director, Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist serves as a resource to AACC employees on all HR related matters.
- Manages and administers AACC’s HRIS database ensuring up to date information is available to employees.
- Serves as main point of contact with HRIS to ensure 360-degree systems are working correctly.
- Maintains HRIS records and runs reports as necessary.
- Processes bi-monthly payroll.
- Administers benefits including adding/terminating benefits and providing support to AACC staff regarding benefits questions. Serve as liaison with benefits broker to handle questions on coverage and billing. Reconciles benefits bills.
- Serves as main point of contact to staff regarding open enrollment and benefits questions.
- Responsible for onboarding new employees. Administers online on-boarding tool and serve as main point of contact for new employees. Coordinate on-boarding and offboarding of new employees with other departments. Conducts in person onboarding
- Assists with Recruitment. Posts open positions on website and other recruitment portals.
- Responds to employment verification requests.
- Participates in salary and benefits surveys.
- Submits HR invoices for processing.
- Works on special projects, as assigned.
- Provides administrative support to human resources department.
- Associates degree plus 2 or more years of human resources experience or combination of work/educational experience in lieu of degree.
- SHRM-CP and PHR certification preferred.
- Two plus years’ experience administering an HRIS. Experience with Paylocity a plus.
- Experience processing payroll and serving as a benefits administrator.
- Knowledge of federal and state compliance laws.
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent Attention to Detail.
- Positive attitude.
AACC is dedicated to building a team of professionals that is as diverse as our members. AACC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AACC cares about its employees, and offers a benefit package designed to attract, reward, and retain talented individuals who are committed to excellence in everything they do. To learn more about our benefits, go to: https://www.aacc.org/career-center/careers-at-aacc
AACC currently is working a hybrid office schedule with staff coming into the office one day a week with the ability to work remotely from home up to four days a week. AACC requires all staff members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Requests for exemption from this requirement due to medical or religious reasons will be considered.