Human Resources Generalist for the Northern Kentucky Community Action Commission - Covington, Kentucky
Career Opportunity – Human Resources Generalist with Northern Kentucky Community Action Commission in Covington, KY
Are you an HR Assistant or HR Coordinator who is ready to move up to the HR Generalist position? Are you a hands-on HR professional who has strong attention to detail? Do you want to be a part of an organization with a positive impact on Northern Kentucky? If you answered yes, we want to speak to you!
The HR Generalist plays an integral role in maintaining the culture through the consistent application of human resource practice and policy. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment, responds to benefit and employment inquiries, onboarding, policy implementation, and employment law compliance.
Hours: This position is Salary exempt full time working 37.5 hours per week Monday through Friday 8 am to 4 pm
Starting Salary: $50,000.00
Benefit packages offered:
- Competitive Pay
- Employee Development Opportunities
- 15 paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays and 3 personal days)
- Paid Sick, Personal, and Vacation days
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with Employer contributions
- Employer Paid Life Insurance and Additional Employee Paid Life Insurance
- Accidental and Critical Illness Insurance
- Short-term disability
- 2 Retirement savings programs BOTH with Employer match!
- Full cycle recruiting to include, attending career fairs, job posting, screening, and interviewing job applicants to match experience with specific job-related requirements.
- Manage/elevate employee relations issues, as needed including investigations and conflict resolution
- Assist with management of benefits administration (enrollment, changes, responding to questions, etc.) Acts as an additional contact for all benefit plans (broker, advisors, insurance carriers)
- Participate in Wellness and Safety committee
- Back up to process payroll
- Lead new employee orientations, preparing and processing new hire paperwork, employee paperwork filing
- Assist with planning, and tracking annual performance evaluations
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources to ensure policies, procedures, and reporting comply
- Administer various HR plans and procedures as needed and complete required forms and filings – unemployment, workers compensation, etc.
- Provide support for employee functions and Company events
- Continue to demonstrate and enhance best initiatives and practices
- Provide advice and counsel to management and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, laws/compliance, and procedures to support the Agency Values
- Other duties as required and assigned
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree – preferable in human resources or business (or related experience)
- Minimum 3 years of Human Resources experience
- Strong recruiting experience, Paycom preferred
- Professional accreditation (PHR or similar) desired
- Ability to effectively communicate and relate to all levels in the organization
- Must have the ability to maintain complete confidentiality on all employee information
- Good understanding of technology and its use to improve business processes
- Strong computer skills – including proficiency with Word, PowerPoint & Excel
- Must be able to sit at a computer for prolonged periods of time up to 50% of the time.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds up to 10% of the time.
Northern Kentucky Community Action Commission’s mission is to help individuals and families develop the knowledge, opportunities, and resources they need to achieve self-reliance within 8 counties. As a nonprofit, we value Empathy, Dignity, Independence, and Accountability. We want to hire candidates who are as passionate as we are to fulfill our mission. If you embrace our values and have a passion to help others, we invite you to apply and potentially become a part of our team!
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team with a proud reputation for quality and service to our community! Apply online at https://grnh.se/8152d1833us or email email@example.com.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third-party candidates please.