HR Manager for Cincinnati Animal CARE Humane Society - Cincinnati, Ohio
(This job posting came to me from Greg Haskett - Steve)
If you're interested in this role, please go to this link to apply:
Human Resource Manager
Direct Supervisor: Executive Director
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of field-related job duties.
- Formulates and recommends Human Resource policies and objectives for the entire company. Conducts a continuing study of all human resource programs and practices to keep top management informed of new developments.
- Administers Employee Benefits and Workers' Compensation programs. Assists with payroll when necessary.
- Maintains accurate up-to-date personnel files.
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish and promote a high level of employee morale.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the HR function. Monitors exposure of the company. Directs the preparation of information requested for compliance. Approves all information submitted.
- Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company HR policies and government laws and regulations. Approves recommendations for terminations.
- Directs a process of organizational planning that evaluates structure, job design and manpower forecasting throughout the company. Makes recommendations to senior management.
- Establishes wage and salary structure, pay policies, performance of programs, year-end structures, and employee benefit programs.
- Establishes standard recruiting and placement practices and procedures.
- Establish in-house management training programs that address company needs.
- Defines all human resource programs, and the authority /responsibility of HR and management within these programs.
- Selects and coordinates the use of Human Resource consultants, insurance brokers, trainers, and other outside sources.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the company Employee Handbook.
- Minimum 5 years of HR management experience, particularly generalist responsibilities and experience
- SPHR/PHR/SHRMCP/SHRMSCP certification a plus
- Three plus years of experience in a non-profit environment is a plus.