Benefits Coordinator - Part time at Valet Living in Tampa
Grow as We Grow and Take Your Career to New Heights!
This position will sit in Tampa, FL but open to Remote work
Reporting to the Senior Director of Total Rewards & HR Ops, the Benefits Coordinator will be the primary administrator of Valet Living’s benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, life & disability, flexible spending, 401(k), wellness and voluntary benefits.The position assists associates with benefits enrollment and questions, verifies all insurance billing, maintains associate database, and ensures compliance with required benefit notices.
- Serve as the primary administrator of various associate benefits programs, such as medical, dental, vision, life and disability, flex spending, 401(k), wellness and voluntary benefits.
- Maintain associate benefits and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately and timely in Workday for enrollment with carriers and for payroll deduction.
- Assist associates with enrollment through the self-enrollment benefit task in Workday.
- Perform routine data audits, validation and reconciliation to identify data and billing discrepancies.
- Validate and enter data into Workday for life event change requests, manual enrollments and additional benefits data as needed.
- Reconcile and submit invoices for all benefit vendors to Accounts Payable to be paid monthly.
- Review, initiate and respond to court-ordered benefit enrollments including medical support notices with appropriate documentation.
- Assist with the open enrollment process.
- Administer and processes COBRA initial and qualifying event notices and maintains proof of mailing.
- Process all leave of absence requests specifically related to disability paperwork and coordinates benefit premiums with the associate and payroll.
- Respond to 401(k) inquiries from associates relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts.
- Maintain the confidentiality and security of data accessed during daily activities.
- Moderate Valet Living’s recognition and rewards platform and assist with ideation of monthly reward and recognition to drive overall company performance.
- Complete yearly discrimination testing with benefit vendors.
- Coordinate funding of benefits with the Accounting department such as flexible spending accounts.
- Assist with overall company wellness initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Acquisition support
Education And Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in benefit administration or related field.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Experience with Workday is a plus.
- Experience working with medical carriers a plus
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact with a variety of audiences.
- Must be a detail-oriented, self-starter and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at a time and provide timely follow up.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in time-sensitive situations with an attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Physical ability to lift 25 pounds
Target Compensation: $18.00 - $21.00 per hour
Valet Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.