HR Business Partner (Contract) at Huntsworth Health in New York, New York
Huntsworth Health is currently recruiting for a Contract HR Business Partner to support our US offices for a 3-month engagement. Reporting to the VP, People and Culture, the HRBP will serve as the point of contact for employee relations issues and inquires within cross-segment, cross-functional, fast-paced client groups. The incumbent will collaborate and partner with HR, business leaders, and employees to provide guidance and consultation including, but not limited to, conflict resolution, performance coaching/counseling, disciplinary action, and policy interpretation and application.
In addition to having knowledge of best-practices in employee relations, the ideal candidate will also have experience in training and development, coaching, and interfacing with upper management.
- Be an objective and trusted adviser for Human Resource staff, employees and management
- Provide direction, and/or guidance to employees and managers to help facilitate and/or resolve human resource issues (e.g., departmental/management/employee conflicts, performance counseling, policy violation, work environment concerns, etc.)
- Prepare all documentation, including written warnings, termination memos and investigative reports
- Support management at employee meetings as needed, including performance discussions and participating in termination conversations
- Provide guidance and direction to managers on employment issues and related laws including, but not limited to: disability, FMLA, ADA, FLSA, worker’s compensation, etc.
- Handle and respond to HR policy/practice issues. Occasionally assist in the development, implementation or roll out of new policies and procedures.
- Proactively identify and analyze data to identify ER trends and patterns that will assist HR in strategic work with leadership to create a unique and compelling culture. Develop action plans and recommend interventions to effectively address issues, where appropriate. Conduct focus groups, climate assessment, etc., in support of the action plan.
- Represent HR on projects/committees that may be part of individual agency initiatives
- Create and facilitate formal and informal training on employee relations matters such as performance counseling, conflict resolution, etc.
- Complete ad-hoc reporting requests in support of HR and business initiatives
- Assist with HR processes such as compensation planning and performance management
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of Human Resources experience in a corporate environment, including conducting employer investigations, partnering and coaching leaders on performance management, and analyzing trends in employment data and recommending solutions
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical, Marketing & Advertising and/or LifeSciences industry highly desirable
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, v-lookup, etc.)
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Proven track record of supporting multiple offices and departments
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating a high degree of trustworthiness and discretion given the highly confidential nature of employee relations.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals across all levels of the organization; superior relationship management skills with the ability to collaborate effectively and partner well with others in order to build strong and trusting relationships
- Strong initiative and solid judgment abilities/skills; must display a balanced, objective approach and sound judgment when recommending a course of action or handling an investigation
- Ability to provide an independent point of view on people and issues while having the courage and sensitivity to deliver tough messages to leaders and employees
- Demonstrated effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong influencing skills when recommending and implementing solutions with business partners
- Project management skills and ability to juggle and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and produce results
- Proficient knowledge of employment, wage and hour, FMLA and EEO laws.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (e.g., Word, PowerPoint)