HR Generalist at University of California, Agriculture and Natural Resources in Davis, CA
Responsible for a wide variety of independent recruitment and compensation actions including tracking and organizing the workload for HR staff.
This individual will be expected to independently analyze data, review classifications, determine compensation levels for incoming staff and assist hiring managers in the full run of recruiting activities. Also responsible for compliance and HR policy adherence.
This position is a career appointment that is 100% fixed.
Min $24.57/hr. to Mid $35.58/hr.
Job Posting Close Date:
This job posting will close on 5/30/21.
Works in a collaborative manner with ANR business units, other areas of HR and outside recruiters/agencies on matters pertaining to staffing needs.
Applies campus policies and procedures in addressing and resolving moderately complex staffing needs.
May source, screen, interview and recommend candidates for operational and technical and professional levels.
Involved in the preparation of position descriptions and the evaluation of positions. Reviews requests for new or revised jobs to determine appropriate salary grade assignment.
Applies compensation concepts in the review of proposed salary adjustments for conformance to established guidelines, policies and practices.
Workload Tracking and Management:
Under general supervision provides advice and counsel to client groups according to established human resources policies and procedures.
Act as the unit's first point of contact, track the workload in a complex tracking matrix and providing general HR guidance to supervisors, managers and staff. Conducts HR trends analyses and helps develop resulting recommendations.
Coordinate schedules, timelines, and workload with other staff members.
Other Generalist Functions:
Triage client ticket requests as needed.
Assist with leave of absence cases.
Provide website update as requested.
Other duties as assigned.
Special Conditions of Employment:
Must possess valid California Driver's License to drive a County or University vehicle. Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed, proof of liability and property damage insurance on vehicle used is required.
Employment is contingent upon successfully clearing the FBI/DOJ background check both from the Department of Justice and the FBI, prior to the first day of UC Employment.
As of January 1, 2014, ANR is a smoke- and tobacco-free environment in which smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes), is strictly prohibited.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience or training.
- Has interpersonal skills to interface with business units and other areas of human resources.
- Working knowledge of campus policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of recruitment, classification and compensation functions.
- Has working knowledge of the recruitment, screening, interviewing and referral processes as well as a basic knowledge of employment law.
- Analytical skills to conduct analysis and provide recommendations.
- Knowledge of HR Information Systems.
- Experience working with Zendesk, JobBuilder and TAMS.
- Experience advising and coordinating leave of absence requests.