HR Manager Opportunity - Greenacres Foundation in Cincinnati, Ohio
(This role came to me from Caitlin McCollum an HR Pro and HR Netter - Steve)
GAF is a highly motivated service organization focused on using the assets of Greenacres to provide custom-designed hands-on active learning opportunities for children of all ages. All opportunities are customized to the needs of the visiting group which primarily consist of local school groups from K to 8. All school-based programs are tied to the national and/or state standards so that they contribute to the success of the classroom teacher.
In 1988 we focused on Environment Education, had one employee, and provided hands-on programs about riparian zones for 60 children. Each year we provide programs based on the environment, generative agriculture, equine, and classical arts to over 32,000 visitors. Our programs are of the highest quality. They should be. Quality Quality Quality (QQQ) is a core value.
Our dedication to our values: Grace, Good Neighbor Policy, and Green cannot be overstated. Our employees strive to be the best of the best and flourish in a team environment where outcomes are the result of teamwork. Greenacres is not just a place to work – it is a career, a lifestyle, and a place to exude passion for the Mission and Vision of our Founders – Louis and Louise Nippert. We are here to serve the community and change the lives of children.
The Human Resources Manager will run the daily functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices. The Human Resources Manager will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the HR department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Performs routine tasks and develops the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Provides support and guidance to management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; administer and executes routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Oversees and maintains the optimal function of the HRIS, which may include installation, customization, development, maintenance, and upgrade to applications, systems, and modules.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Oversees the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Processes and manages all Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or comparable academic discipline or equivalent experientially gained knowledge.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of human resource management experience is required.
- Ability to nurture a positive working environment.
- SHRM certification is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- Ability to internalize and reflect our values of Grace, Good Neighbor Policy, and Green to assure QQQ.
- Ability to successfully pass a post-offer pre-employment drug test and fingerprint FBI background screen.
Why Choose Us?
As a company, we invest in our employees in all aspects of their life. We understand that the health of yourself and families are very important; along with your time here at GAF. All TEAM Members of GAF are a part of Greenacres and live the values that we promote for our visitors: Grace, Good Neighbor Policy, Green, and Quality Quality Quality. Listed below you will find some of the benefits and perks if you choose to be a part of our team at Greenacres.
- Market Competitive Salary
- Generous PTO Package
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Plans
- Simplified Employee Pension Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Fun & Engaging Culture
- Ongoing training, education, and industry partnerships that allow you to be up to speed on the latest innovations, technologies, and processes
Greenacres Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you're interested in being considered for this role, you can apply using the following link: