HR Generalist for Mane, Inc. in Lebanon, Ohio
Mane, Inc. in Lebanon, Ohio is hiring an HR Generalist for the production plant. Come join a great HR team!
Do you love the little details?! Keeping projects & people organized?! Does learning and working in an HR role that touches all functional areas of HR excite you!? Mane currently has an excellent opportunity to work alongside 2 other experienced HR professionals in our South Lebanon, Ohio facility in support of our plant hourly associates. You will play a key part in helping to support our hourly workforce and working daily to help assist in making Mane a great place to work!
Mane is a 5th generation French company known for innovation and progress in the world of Flavors and Fragrance. As sensation enthusiasts, we strive to provide exceptional moments in people’s daily lives through the timeless flavors and fragrances we create. With our passion, creativity, and innovation, “We capture what moves”.
The HR Generalist performs a wide range of functions in the HR field, including supporting departments, enforcing company policies and practices, assisting with time and attendance, training and development, policy development, employee relations, recruitment and retention, payroll, and performance management. Interacts with all internal Departments and external Applicants, Customers, and Vendors. Key competencies: Analytical Skills, Communication and Interpersonal Skills, Leadership and Management Skills, and Planning and Multi-Tasking Skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to benefits, disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development
- Assist with time and attendance for all employees
- Work closely with the facility management team to maintain effective employee relations with all employees
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Assist with the identification of training needs for all employees and works with Mane training representative to plan training.
- Assist with the job descriptions on an as needed basis.
- Assist with the interpretation of current company policies to ensure all levels of employees are in compliance
- Compose new or revise current policies
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance Member of company’s social activity team designed to promote a fun, healthy, and safe work environment.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants, primarily for the production facility open positions.
- Collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Reviews background checks and employment eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire and temporary employee conversion orientations
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Every employee is expected to participate in education/training about Mane’s environmental commitments and then actively apply this to job-related and job-specific roles and responsibilities
- Consistent with MANE’s environmental commitments, employees will engage in awareness and practical training, relevant to job-related and job-specific roles and responsibilities, to adhere to applicable environmental policies, procedures, and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Some leadership and management skills
- Excellent planning and multi-tasking skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related area (i.e., Business, Psychology etc.) OR equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in the area of Human Resources is required.
- Manufacturing setting experience is preferred but not required.
- Proven ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP is preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with ADP software (or other HRIS software) is preferred but not required.
- Experience in the Flavor industry is desired but not required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the production plant
Mane offers excellent benefits above, including 3 weeks of PTO (paid time off) and 4 weeks of PTO after just 1 year of employment. We have several health plans with reasonable bi-weekly deduction rates that also include dental and vision coverage. We also have a discretionary component to our retirement/401(k) plan that provides 7.25% of your base pay yearly into your 401(k) account. Additional employee offerings include, “Employee Appreciation Events”, “Tuition Reimbursement” and “Employee Assistance Programs” as well as a great company culture!
Mane Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer
Interested people can apply at our site: www.maneemployment.com