#MVHRA February 2016 Professional Development Workshop
Register Here: http://ow.ly/XNLHW
Crucial Updates to Employee Handbooks
Speaker: Jeffrey A. Mullins and Jessica Lordi, Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP
7:45 AM - 8:00 AM: Registration & Continental Breakfast
8:00 AM - 11:15 AM: Professional Development Workshop
Credits: This program has been submitted for recertification credits by the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) and SHRM Professional Development Credit (PDC).
1. Learn about key changes in the laws that could affect the legality of your handbook provisions this year.
2. Review the steps to make the necessary changes to your handbook’s leave and attendance policies, equal employment opportunity provisions, reasonable accommodation policies, health insurance and benefit sections and provisions affected by the Supreme Court’s same-sex marriage decision.
3. Revisit your social media and internet usage policies with an in-depth tutorial on how to develop and maintain a lawful policy in a constantly changing field.
4. Consider changes to your handbook that may be required by recent developments related to wage and hour laws.
5. Learn about best practices in drafting your handbook, what provisions should be included, what are the essential elements for each provision and how all of the above will help you avoid unnecessary legal entanglements.
Sinclair Community College
Building 12, Ponitz Conference Center; Room 127
444 West Third St.
Dayton, Ohio 45402