HR/Safety Manager in Cincinnati, Ohio
We are sourcing for a very special HR opportunity!
Our client is a winner of Cincy Magazine’s Best Place to Work – and I can personally vouch for the VP of HR as a stellar person to work for as well. The position is open due to the incumbent relocating out of the area – this is an opportunity you don’t want to miss!
Reporting to the VP of Human Resources, the HR/Safety Manager provides strategic and hands-on Human Resource support with a focus on Safety at our corporate and branch locations. The position is on-site in the Sharonville area; we are interviewing immediately.
- Sr. HR Generalist/Manager 75% of position time
- Provides day-to-day support on employee relations issues, performance behavior, talent acquisition, policies and procedures
- Safety 25% of position time – strong experience required
o Manages the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment by eliminating hazards, training employees, and promoting safety awareness.
o Develops training for employees on health and safety regulations and associated practices in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Leads and mentors safety teams including monthly meetings.
- Reviews for effectiveness the deployed safety guidelines and revises to ensure continual improvement.
- Evaluates and acts upon new environmental & safety regulations.
- Primary contact for regulatory agencies such as OSHA for inspections, permitting, and reporting.
- Manages and administers Worker’s Compensation claims process
- Ensures compliance with OSHA guidelines and performs incident investigations on all work-related injuries, near misses and accidents .
- Partners with Unemployment TPA to manage unemployment related expenses.
- Tracks and reports on monthly, quarterly and annual attendance metrics
- Manages DOT/FMCSA processes
- 5-7+ years of progressive human resources experience, preferably in manufacturing and food production
- Strong experience with Safety in manufacturing and food production
- Solid computer skills including HR systems (ADP) and MS Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to analyze problems and make independent judgments to initiate corrective action or resolution.
- Ability to work with and maintain information of a highly confidential and sensitive nature.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- PHR / SHRM-CP Certification preferred.
- OSHA 10/ OSHA 30 certificate preferred.
- Ability to work overtime as needed – rarely more than 40-45 hours/week
Outstanding Comp and Benefits package, including 90% company-paid healthcare premiums.
To apply : Send resumes and a brief cover letter/email with salary targets asap to Darlene Mack, CEO & Managing Partner, HR Partners Int’l, Inc darlene@HRPIInc.com. All responses will be held in confidence and will receive a reply.