Human Resources Generalist at eMolecules in San Diego, California
eMolecules, Inc. is the leading provider of chemistry ecommerce solutions for pharma, biotech, and academic research organizations worldwide, delivering chemical screening compounds, building blocks, and customized business solutions. We operate the world’s largest database of high-quality, curated, commercially available chemical compounds, along with an ecommerce and logistics system tailored to our unique marketplace. eMolecules empowers researchers to explore uncharted chemical and biological spaces and deliver more efficient drug-discovery programs.
We are growing and excited to add a new HR Generalist position to our team. This is not your ordinary HR job. This position will be a strategic partner with the Head of Human Resources and be a high visibility position across the organization. While administering the daily HR operations, you will have the opportunity to build and strengthen the HR department infrastructure and play a major role in the development of strategic HR systems and initiatives.
This job is right for you if you:
o are a quick learner and excited to learn and grow your experience in HR systems and strategy
o have a strong understanding in employment law and benefits
o want to act as a change agent and culture champion to ensure we are always thinking about an exceptional employee experience
o have a demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage projects while maintaining high internal service standards with all levels within the organization
o want to have a unique opportunity to both create HR processes and see the direct impact of your work in growing company
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages full cycle recruitment activities
- Leads all new hire onboarding efforts ensuring new employees successfully assimilate
- Acts as the go-to HR resource supporting employee and managers answering questions on benefits, time off, policies and procedures. Handles all incoming employee requests and questions.
- Maintains electronic personnel files, records, and documentation, and ensuring data integrity in HR database(s), while adhering to the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records
- Administers the performance management program, including annual reviews, processing of merit increases and bonuses
- Assists with employee relations matters including coaching managers, conducting investigations, researching policies/practices, create and gather documentation, and coordinate escalations when necessary
- Coordinates corporate activities between internal committees/councils to support overall culture development. Facilitates employee driven People Team meetings to continue employee engagement & community outreach program(s). Embodies cultural values and aligns daily actions with department goals and company culture.
- Assists HR leadership with internal communication initiatives
- Works closely on HR analytics and projects; utilizing multiple reporting systems to analyze HR data, create metric summaries the information effectively.
- Implements and delivers HR programs and processes related to workforce planning and employee engagement and talent development
- Assists in the continuous improvement of efficiencies of HR related processes and policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organization Leadership, or business discipline; or equivalent training and experience
- 3+years’ of dynamic human resources work experience including comprehensive understanding of employee benefits and employment laws and regulations
- 2+years’ experience with HR systems/database management
- PHR preferred
- High degree of personal initiative and achievement motivation, setting personal standards of excellence
- Ability to management multiple projects and details. Can take action without direction to make sure important tasks are completed. Proactively looks for ways to improve processes and shifts strategy or approach in response to the demands of a situation
- Ability to exercise discretion, judgment, tact, and poise in handling highly sensitive, and confidential information
This position is located in San Diego, California out of our Sorrento Valley office. We are currently working remotely and plan to have employees come back into the office under a new flexible telework policy.
eMolecules was founded by scientists for scientists with one goal in mind: reduce drug discovery timelines. With 6+ million products from 200+ suppliers, eMolecules is the global leader in research compounds with 9 of the 10 largest pharmaceutical companies and 4 of the 5 largest biotechs as customers.
eMolecules is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.