Payroll Specialist, StrongMind - Chandler, Arizona
If you’re bright, highly motivated and want to make a difference in education, then join our trailblazing edtech team! We’re catapulting secondary education into the digital age with our award-winning online curriculum and learning platform.
Privately owned and operated since 2001, StrongMind is stable, profitable and rapidly growing. Our forward-thinking teammates and leaders foster an innovative, creative and collaborative environment where our top priority is making our clients happy. StrongMind’s “work hard, play hard” culture is supportive, lively and fun. We offer great benefits including a competitive salary, health and dental, 401K, an onsite gym and generous PTO and holidays.
StrongMind is seeking a dynamic individual to join our innovative team as The Payroll Supervisor. As the Payroll Supervisor, you will be responsible for the processing and timely delivery of assigned payrolls. You will use the company’s in-house payroll system to accurately pay employees in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations, such as the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) rules and regulations. You will help to assure proper tax treatment, accounting, and disposition of withholdings such as taxes, deductions for benefits, contributions, retirement contributions, other savings, etc. You will exercise independent judgement and discretion in planning and carrying out the details of work procedures and methods.
Here’s what to expect:
- Maintain and review payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes and other deductions
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and HRIS changes
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions and HR records
- Prepares and maintains all state tax requirements including but not limited to applications, UI updates, local tax etc.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors
- Responds to payroll-related inquiries and resolves concerns
- Master the HRIS system
- Ensure compliance with appropriate documentation, approvals and signatures prior to HRIS changes
- Ensure PTO requests are appropriately assigned and processed timely in payroll
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge
- Process out of cycle payroll as required
- Manage all employee data (e.g. employee HRIS changes)
- Participate in general human resources projects and duties
- Other duties as assigned
The Successful Candidate possesses:
- 2+ years’ experience as a Payroll Specialist
- Familiarity with general accounting principles
- Experience in data collection, entry and reporting with great attention to detail and confidentiality
- Solid knowledge of relevant legislation, policies, and regulations
- Computer savvy with working knowledge of relevant software (e.g. UltiPro)
- Previous UltiPro HRIS software experience a plus
- Multi-State, Multi-Site payroll experience preferred
- BSc/BA in accounting/business administration is a plus
- Exquisite math and numerical skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication abilities with aptitude in problem-solving
StrongMind’s culture is supportive, lively and fun. We offer great benefits including a competitive salary, health and dental, 401K, an onsite gym and generous PTO and holidays.