Entry-level HR Generalist for Binary Defense - Stow, Ohio
Binary Defense, headquartered in Stow, Ohio, is a rapidly growing cybersecurity software and services firm with solutions that include SOC-as-a-Service, best-in-class Managed Detection & Response software, Security Information & Event Management, Threat Hunting and Counterintelligence. Our expert security staff and technology help shield businesses from cyberattacks.
Named a Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in 2020 and a top 10 software developer in Northeast Ohio by Crain’s, Binary Defense is a fast-paced business that enjoys a relaxed culture, flexible remote work options, as well as generous on-site perks. For the third year in a row, Binary Defense has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the US! Ranking at 2,985 on the Inc. 5000 list for 2021, Binary Defense is proud of its position as the only security firm in Ohio to make the list. The company ranks among the top 100 in Ohio for growth, and in the top 25 in the Northeast Ohio region. At the 2021 Greater Cleveland Partnership’s “Best of Tech Awards,” Binary Defense was recognized as the “Tech Company of the Year”, “Best Technology Solution” and “Best Tech Services Company” in Northeast Ohio.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, people-focused individual to join our growing team! If you are looking for experience in all facets of Human Resources, we’d love to talk to you.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the HR Generalist role would help Binary Defense grow and scale in 2022. This position would have responsibilities in every part of the employee life cycle from recruiting to off-boarding and also exposure to Senior Leaders in the organization.
Demonstrate Binary’s Core Values in daily work: I ACT with Integrity
- Innovation – We strive to continuously improve our services, solutions, processes, and ourselves through ongoing critical thought and open exchange of ideas.
- Accountability – We work proactively to deliver the best service and experience to clients and fellow team members.
- Client Focus – We listen to our clients and the market to understand needs and build our solutions and service around what delivers the most value to them.
- Teamwork – Both internally as well as with our customers, we work together in a productive and positive spirit to accomplish our goals and company mission
- Integrity – We seek to do what is best for our clients and company by being honest, fair, and ethical in dealings with our colleagues, clients, and partners.
- Work with managers to plan, budget and recruit new team members to the organization. May actively screen candidates for certain open positions.
- Serve as the main contact and organizer for new team member on-boarding.
- Manages semi-monthly payroll processing for the organization including post-payroll reporting and reconciling.
- Administer benefits and balance/reconcile monthly bills.
- First point of contact for team members with HR related questions, concerns, etc.
- Conduct exit interviews and process team member exits from the organization.
- Run reports and administer surveys. Analyze data on recruiting, team member satisfaction, exit interviews, etc.
- Administer and track completion for annual team member training.
- Provide recommendations to improve our team member's experience. Be an active member of our Engagement Committee.
- Work with Finance on requests and projects, as needed.
- Work with managers on employee relations issues, as needed.
- Assist Director of HR with Training, Performance Management and Succession Planning initiatives, as needed.
- Other projects and responsibilities, as assigned by the Director of HR.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- 0-1 year related experience in Human Resources, Business or related area (internships acceptable)
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- General knowledge of employment law, both nationwide and multi-state
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications, particularly Outlook and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of maintaining employee confidentiality
- Superior attention to detail
- Desire to learn and grow; ambitious with career
- People-oriented, able to build solid professional relationships
- Trustworthy and compassionate
- Ability to problem solve and find creative solutions
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize with daily work
- Prior experience with payroll and HRIS systems
- Prior experience in SaaS or Professional Service organizations
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP certification
If you're interested, please visit this link to apply: