Are You Ready to Help the Next Generation of HR Professionals Succeed?
A well rounded college education must include more than just a solid classroom experience. UC's HR Succeeds Initiative strives to:
- provide students with an opportunity to connect with HR professionals through networking, mentoring, internship, co-op, and job opportunities.
- encourage students to attend local, state, and national HR events.
- prepare students for HR Certification.
We are well into the start of our second semester and have three ways that you can make a difference.
- We are looking for HR professionals to become a mentor to a student for the semester. Last semester we had over 30 pairings.
- I am searching for 5 companies that have a recruiting/staffing concern that would allow a team of 5 students from my Staffing Course to analyze the issue and provide suggestions for improvement as part of my spring staffing class experiential learning project.
- Starting in August 2018 we are launching an HR co-op program, to that end we are looking for at least 15 companies to partner with us by providing an opportunity for an HR student to work in one of five HR functional areas (staffing/recruiting, compensation/benefits, training/development, employee/labor relations, or HR generalist).
It is my hope that you or someone you know in your organization would be willing to help UC HR Succeed. Please contact me directly if you have question and/or are ready to help. firstname.lastname@example.org