What do Employee Experience, Employer Branding and Diversity look like in a global company?
How can companies compete effectively in the new war for talent? First and foremost, it’s time for leaders to focus on strengthening their organizations’ employer brands.
Times have changed. The rise of social media has made companies a great deal more transparent. People are far more likely to trust a company based on what its employees have to say than on its recruitment advertising. This means that talent attraction relies far more heavily on employee engagement and advocacy.
By diversifying what you’re already currently doing, you’ll better attract diverse talent, increase employee engagement, and strengthen your employer brand. You may even positively affect those underutilization numbers!
This week's eX Podcast guest is Lisa Smith-Strother, Sr. Director and Head of Global Employer Branding, Diversity TA, and Social/Digital Careers Channels at Ericsson Worldwide. Ericsson operates in 180 countries and counts more than 110000 employees.
What’s interesting with Lisa is that her experiences covered consumer marketing, segmentation, ethnic marketing and brand awareness before she successfully moved to employer branding, candidate attraction, social/digital media.
Today with Lisa you will learn:
– What Ericsson’s global culture looks like.
– What challenges Lisa is facing in developing Ericsson’s employer brand and how she and her team address these challenges.
– What diversity means at Ericsson (and it means a LOT of things).
– How new technologies impact talent acquisition.
– How to measure the impact of the employee experience.