March GCHRA HR Roundtable - 3/3/20
You’re always told not to bring up religion or politics when you’re in a new conversation with someone. There are many reasons to avoid these topics because they touch emotions, bring up hardline opinions and people may make arguments for you to believe what they believe. So, does that mean that these conversations aren’t occurring? Of course it doesn’t.
The national election and the upcoming primary season are upon us. We are getting bombarded with political ads for and against those running for office. Signs are starting to be posted in yards. Since I’m not one to shy away from a great debate, let’s jump in to this and see what people have to say.
The March HR Roundtable topic is – “How can you talk about politics AND be civil in the workplace?”
We will caucus on Tuesday, 3/3/20 from 8:00am to 9:00am at Scarlet Oaks (directions are below).
I’d like you to cast your vote by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your RSVP. You don’t have to declare a party to do so.
I hope you can make it !! – Steve
Instructions for the HR Roundtable at Scarlet Oaks:
- The HR Roundtable is open to one and all !! The meeting has an HR/Business focus each month and we get together to discuss that topic as well as network. So, if you’re in HR, are a small business owner, are a resource partner who works with HR folks, a professional in transition, etc. – you are welcome to attend the Roundtable !!
- If you’re someone in transition, feel free to bring five (5) copies of the resume to the Roundtable to display. Make sure they’re stapled and not loose. You only need to bring five. It will be enough to help you network.
- Place your resumes in the Job Role category that best fits your background. Please don’t spread them over several categories. People will find you and help you look. You can trust me on that.
- The “dress” for the Roundtable is business casual. We’re not very formal and you’ll be fine however you dress. It’s more important to have you come and attend the forum !!
- You can bring business cards, but don’t immediately pass them out when you get to the Roundtable. Get to know people first and see if they’d like a card. It doesn’t need to be your introduction.
- Please come in and sign in for the Roundtable. Note that if you go to any other Great Oaks door, you’ll be asked to have a picture ID and you will receive a Visitors badge as part of their security system.
- Chances are I’ll be outside to greet you and welcome you to the Roundtable so you can find the right door to come and join the forum !!
Directions to the HR Roundtable at Scarlet Oaks:
- From I-71: Take I-275 West to Mosteller Road (Exit #44); From I-75: Take I-275 East to Mosteller Road (Exit #44)
- Turn Left (south) onto Mosteller Road.
- Turn Left at the 1st traffic light onto East Kemper Road.
- The Entrance to the Great Oaks campus is 0.7 miles on the Left at the 3rd traffic light.
- Turn left onto Enterprise Drive and go straight past the gateway entrance.
- Go to the Parking Lot in front of the High School.
- The entrance for the commissary (Building 300) is to the left of the Main Entrance. Here is a link for a map of the Scarlet Oaks campus. - http://mapq.st/2i6LBRD
- Look for the Parking Lot where the school buses are dropping off the High School students.