HR Manager for Grote Enterprises in Cincinnati, Ohio
With our current HR Manager sailing off into retirement, Grote Enterprises is looking for someone to manage the human resources function for the enterprise. This position oversees the daily human resources activities and reports to the Director of Human Relations. Please send resumes to email@example.com.
Consistent with the core values and strategic vision of the Grote Family of Companies, my mission is to manage the daily functions of the Human Performance processes in accordance with best practices and legal compliance with State and Federal employment laws. My mission is fundamental to maintaining a positive working environment, a high level of Human Performance, and a culture of growth and success while providing support to the Director of Human Relations, the Leadership Team, and a team of 350 personnel across four companies.
Role & Responsibilities
The following list summarizes the role and responsibilities (activities, tasks, SOP, etc.) required to achieve the mission of this position. It is not all-inclusive and additional roles and responsibilities may be added.
- Conduct new hire orientations
- Ensure proper legal maintenance of employee personnel records and files
- Keep updated EEO compliance certificates
- Fulfill EE0-1 reporting requirements.
- Ensure compliance and proper training is conducted for all managers and employees regarding harassment, discrimination, drug-free workplace, etc.
- Submit pre-employment background checks and administer a drug testing program
- Manage employee handbooks to include updates and revisions as needed.
- Respond to all unemployment correspondence
- Point of contact for disputes and appeals
- Manage Annual Open Enrollment
- Administer all plans: Maintain all additions and changes in enrollments
- Notify and educate employees on benefits
- Assist employees with individual claim or benefits issues
- Complete benefit surveys
- Oversee COBRA administration through TPA
All State and Federal Employment Compliance including but not limited to:
- FMLA, ADA, EEO/AAP, I-9/E-Verify, FLSA, NLRB, HIPAA, DOT Driver files, etc.
Manage the Front Desk Reception (phones, mail distribution, supplies, misc. projects):
- Supervise activity, projects and workflow
- Schedule coverage and fill in as needed
- SPHR/PHR/SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification
- Minimum 8 years experience as a senior HR generalist or HR manager
- Degree in human relations or business-related field
- Impeccable research, problem-solving, relationship building, and organization skills
- People-minded leadership mindset with outstanding attention to detail
- Unquestionable integrity, self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Team-oriented mindset willing to go the extra mile in supporting people
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Grote Enterprises is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable local, state or federal law.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org