Human Resources Consultant in CUNA Mutual Group at Madison, WI
The Human Resources Consultant is the contact for the business managers on day to day HR Operational needs including Employee and Labor Relations issues, while serving as the expert in Human Resources and working closely with the HR Business Partner, Service Center, and other HR Specialty Teams (Talent Management, Recruiting, Compensation, Benefits, etc.). The Human Resources Consultant provides coaching, consulting, performance improvement plans to managers and employees in dealing with their relationship with the organization, their manager and each other. The incumbent will provide coaching and resources to managers on organization design, employee performance, ensuring the relations with the employee apply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and consistent with our corporate values and code of conduct. The incumbent will also provide managers and employees counsel on career development, talent reviews, communications, legal and regulatory issues, offboarding staff and outsourcing. The Human Resources Consultant serves as the expert in providing advice, coaching and counseling to managers around progressive discipline, terminations, employment investigations, and reorganizations/restructures. The incumbent will work with mangers on business as usual organization designs and the annual talent processes.
- Consults with leaders on day to day HR Operational needs:
* (45-55%) Investigations, Performance Coaching, Policy Interpretation and Support
* (5%) Terminations & Layoffs, Discipline
* (10%) Collective Bargaining agreement support
* (15-20%) Business-as-usual org design
* (10%) Annual talent processes (performance and talent)
* (5-10%) Ad hoc/misc. requests
- Assists managers with coaching employees’ performance and development planning. Provides coaching to managers on the corporate performance management process, progressive discipline, termination process, and workplace investigations.
- Identifies and analyzes employee relations problems and trends. Conducts interviews with managers and employees to gather information on employee performance and manager effectiveness.
- Assists management in organizational design, talent reviews, and general consulting on HR related issues.
- Researches issues and makes recommendations that are consistent with our Code of Conduct, business strategy, company policies, guidelines, and work rules.
- Counsels and advises management and employees in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues. Facilitates employee relations discussion between management and employee and steward, when applicable. Consults with legal counsel and Labor Relations as appropriate.
- Participates in HR and business projects serving as the employee relations subject matter expert.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or equivalent experience.
- 4-6 years in functional management within a core business area or equivalent Human Resources management experience. Prior experience working with Represented Staff preferred.
- Demonstrated consulting and facilitations skills, including conducting interviews investigations.
- Demonstrated analytical, conceptual thinking, and quantitative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build productive partnerships and collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated ability to demonstrate consultative skills and act as a trusted confidant.
- Ability to be flexible and successfully handle conflicting priorities in a fast pace work environment.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply applicable state and federal regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as an effective member of a team.
- Functional knowledge of relevant Microsoft Office tools (word, excel, PowerPoint). Familiarity of HRIS applications helpful.
- Professional designation (PHR or SPHR), or ability to obtain within 18 months.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.