HR Administrator for American Printing House for the Blind in Louisville, Kentucky
(This came to me from Maurice Brown of APH - Steve)
The American Printing House for the Blind (APH), the world’s largest nonprofit organization creating an educational, workplace, and independent living products and services for people who are visually impaired, is seeking a Human Resources Administrator. The Human Resources Administrator will primarily administer the recruitment and training efforts. This position will also support managers and employees and coordinate human resources activities, including safety and wellness, FMLA, compensation, labor and employee relations, and benefits.
This position reports to the Human Resources Business Partner, and Manager and is an integral member of the HR team to foster a positive work environment for all employees.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Effectively manage full life cycle recruitment for exempt and nonexempt employees, students, and temporary employees. Duties include coordinating and participating in job fairs and hiring events, writing and placing job postings; reviewing applications and resumes; scheduling and interviewing applicants, and making recommendations to hiring managers.
- Participates in the development of ongoing creative and cost-effective sourcing strategies. Create and foster relationships with community and professional organizations to attract and proactively source qualified talent and diverse candidates
- Organizes and conducts training programs as needed for HR compliance, employee development, and safety. Assists in the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of innovative, creative, cost-effective performance solutions.
- Administers various human resources programs and processes for all employees; assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of the department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Assist in organizing company-wide events, including service awards banquet, retiree luncheon, Lunch and Learns, and other special celebrations. Supports the Health & Wellness efforts including internal and external events, meetings, communications, and community involvement.
- Assists with the online performance review system to ensure timely and appropriate evaluations in conjunction with the salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within the organization.
- Assists in administering Family Medical Leave requirements, including determining eligibility, tracking leave taken and communicating to employees and supervisors.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment, including maintaining I-9 files; Affirmative Action reporting requirements; VETS 100 reporting, and other related requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by the Human Resources Manager.
Education, Training & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, psychology, and/or safety-related field preferred. Requires prior knowledge of principles and practices of human resources. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification or SHRM-CP preferred. Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Experience with recruitment and training required.
- Must have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or similar software programs. Must be proficient in Internet-based programs.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills. Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision; Must be detail oriented and organized. Experience in conflict resolution is a plus.
- Must be professional in appearance and in interactions with employees and the public. The ability to maintain confidentiality is required. The ideal candidate will have the desire to learn all aspects of Human Resources administration.