Payroll Specialist at Field Aerospace, Cincinnati, Ohio
Field Aerospace, a global provider of aircraft integration, modification, maintenance, logistics, and sustainment solutions is in search of a highly motivated, hands-on professional for the position of Payroll Specialist. This role is based at the Company's global headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of related experience, and be highly proficient in ADP, Paycor, or similar HRIS. Prior experience with ADP is strongly preferred. Relevant experience working in an ERP system and strong analytical skills are also helpful. Previous experience running payrolls in multi-state/multi-provincial/ and/or multi-national environments is required. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, organized, and thorough.
- Full processing of payroll for all employees across Field’s four operations in the United States and Canada, approximately 500 employees
- Review, investigate, and resolve problems related to payroll, extending to providing solutions to avoid future errors
- Review and reconcile time and attendance reports
- Confirm all payroll cycles, including bi-weekly and semi-monthly are accurately executed
- Ensure all related payroll functions are accurately completed each day
- Work with site HR and administrative support staff to implement appropriate payroll operations policies and controls
- Certify all internal controls and processes specific to payroll prevent errors and are in compliance with corporate policies, and state and federal regulation
- Assist with audit schedules for year-end requirements including 401K/RRSP Audits, W-2/T-4 reconciliation, workers' compensation/WSIB, and bonuses; quarterly reconciliation for tax adjustments
- Prepare and complete annual W-2 and T-4 processing and balancing requirements
- Run all reports related to payroll cycle close including reviewing reports for audits, other payroll-related transactions, previewing the register prior to finalizing the payroll, and balancing and verifying payroll accuracy prior to final release to ensure payroll is closed accurately
- Provide support to the day to day operations such as: payroll related questions, manual checks for new hires, terminations, and other payroll adjustments
- Respond to report requests from all levels of management
- Analyze HRIS and General Ledger after each payroll to ensure accuracy and balancing
- Ensure compliance with relevant labor laws (in both Canada and the U.S.), staying ahead of any changes to both state/provincial and federal laws, as they relate to payroll
- Understand and execute internal time-keeping policies, making recommendations or suggesting solutions where necessary
- Liaise with auditors and assist with payroll tax audits
- Serve as a point person for staff time management system
- Comply with Bureau of Labor Statistics reporting requirements
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of payroll processes and systems, particularly in a union environment.
- Assist union employees and management with questions, concerns or requests regarding payroll. This includes properly applying technical knowledge and skills, communicating and listening effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Field Aerospace offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, and short-term and long-term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance, 401(k), health savings and flexible spending accounts, generous vacation and paid holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/veterans/females/individuals with disabilities
Apply via email to email@example.com