GCHRA HR How-To Seminar: Effectively Supporting Employees Through COVID-19 Related Mental Health Challenges - 11/10/20
8:00 am - 10:00 am - Mental health and psychological impact and strategies
Online registration is available until: 11/9/2020
|« Go to Upcoming Event List|
This meeting will be offered as a Virtual Event only. After you complete your registration here, you will be given a link to register on Zoom, and will then receive meeting access information.
Pending Approval For:
3 SHRM Certification Credits!
3 Business HRCI Credits!
RSVP by: November 9, 2020
*PrePayment is required to attend. Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover are accepted.
No refunds will be provided after November 9, 2020
This Workshop will consist of 2 different presentations to provide insights and actionable strategies on how to support employees through COVID19 related mental health challenges. The first 2 hours will be presented by 2 mental health experts on the types of mental health challenges employees have our could experience from the COVID19 pandemic such as anxiety, depression, substance abuse, etc. The final hour will be presented by 2 lawyers to provide guidance from a legal perspective around ADA, FMLA and other regulatory compliance considerations when working with impacted employees.
Program Learning Objectives:
Segment 1 - Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Substance Use and your Workforce in Covid19 ( 2 Hours)
- Identifying how outside stress and anxiety effecting all aspects of our lives including within the workplace.
- Exercising best ways to help people manage the unexpected stresses created in the current changing world.
- Understanding substance use to manage feelings.
- How to tell when someone may be abusing substances.
- How to get people the help they need to stay healthy.
Segment 2 (1 Hour)
- Brief refresher on the Americans With Disabilities Act, Reasonable Accommodations, and the Interactive Process.
- Strategies to lawfully explore and confirm mental health related disabilities and the need for requested accommodations.
- What to do when a requested accommodation creates an undue hardship on the business or a direct threat to employees.
- Recent guidance from the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission on mental health related challenges in the current pandemic.