HR/Safety Manager role for Green Bay Packaging in Lebanon, Ohio
(This opportunity came to me from Rachel Juley of GBP - Thanks, Steve)
Under the direction of the General Manager the Human Resources & Safety Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and coordinating policies and programs regarding employment, safety, wage and salary administration, benefit administration, training, and employee services for the division’s team members. Job responsibilities may include:
- Directing talent acquisition activities to ensure qualified employees are recruited and hired.
- Coordinating and participating in new hire orientation and onboarding programs.
- Developing, recommending, and implementing employment policies and procedures.
- Conducting benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, enrollments/terminations, and approving invoices for payment.
- Bridges management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances, or other employee or labor relations issues.
- Participating in the collective bargaining process as part of the divisional management team.
- Maintains OSHA compliance with all applicable OSHA and Corporate specified safety programs and procedures.
- Participating in workplace injury investigations. Preparing and submitting first-report of injury to the Workers’ Compensation carrier, and managing through end-of-healing, and accommodating restrictions, if required.
- Conducts monthly safety training events to ensure all required training needs are met.
- Maintaining vacation requests, balances, and monitoring the division’s attendance program.
- Assuring the division’s employment, personnel, and equal opportunity policies and practices comply with applicable federal and state laws, including the maintenance of employee files.
- Serving as an active member of both the divisional Safety and Wellness committees.
- Coordinating annual audiograms, wellness screenings, flu shots, insurance enrollments, and 401(k) enrollments.
- Planning and coordinating company functions, as needed.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field, strongly preferred
- 5 or more years of HR Generalist experience in a manufacturing and Union environment, required
- 5 or more years of safety management experience in a manufacturing environment, preferred
- Professional certification such as PHR, SHRM-CP, or CSP preferred
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Human Resources programs, OSHA, Workers’ Compensation best practices, and both federal/state employment regulations
- Prior experience managing Workers’ Compensation, Wellness, and Safety programs
- Exceptional listening, negotiation, influence, communication, and presentation skills
For more information, and to apply, go to this link: