5500 Preparation and Filing Resource

I was looking for recommendations to outsource completion of annual 5500 and preparation of the SAR. Who do you folks use?

5replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Ryan Mount
    • Employee Benefits Specialist
    • Ryan_Mount
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

    Typically your health insurance broker will handle that for you. 

    Internally, we do it for free as a service to our larger clients. 

    If you use a TPA, then they should be able to help you file as well.  

    If you would like a third party referral or have any other questions, send me an email, rmount@langgroup.com

    I attached two documents to help you if you wanted to try and do them in house. 

    Hope that helps! 

    • Ted Zalla
    • Ted_Zalla
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

    Patricia, We use Wrangle for our clients.  They do a great job.  If you need a contact, let me know.  Ted.Zalla@usi.com

  • For our 5500 for 401k we use a TPA  - TSC located in MN they have a relationship with our 401k vendor.

  • We've had good experience with EBC and Benefit Advantage.  Both get the filings ready, and can help with ERISA Wrap docs and other stuff like that.  Mostly, what I like about them, is they are very helpful during the process.

  • We can actually handle not only the prep & filing of the 5500 but take over as the fiduciary as well as help implement and manage the program.

    Would love to chat if you are interested 

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 158Views
  • 6 Following