Chief People Officer for United Way of Greater Cincinnati - Cincinnati, Ohio
As a member of the United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) leadership team, the Chief People Officer (CPO) will assume a strategic role in the overall management of UWGC and will have responsibility for the development and execution of comprehensive talent and organization development strategy, practices and policies. She/he understands the role of helping the organization build its capacity to find, motivate and support talent in a high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, collaboration, diversity, inclusiveness, equity, teamwork, and excellence. The successful candidate will be a naturally curious, relationship-oriented, results-driven problem solver who embraces innovation, continuous improvement, and UWGC’s commitment to excellence, diversity, and inclusion. The position can be full-time or part-time; part-time employment would require 24 or more hours per week.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develops, implements and continually strengthens best practice and inclusive recruitment, orientation, development and retention processes to maintain highly diverse and competent candidate pools and retain a highly talented, diverse, engaged and committed team of employees.
- Partners with CEO and Executive Staff to develop, implement and evaluate organizational goal setting and optimizes employee and organization development to meet those goals.
- Be a consultative resource to all Chiefs, Directors and Managers regarding human resource matters (development, performance improvement, etc.) to support organizational goals while minimizing organizational risks.
- Be a consultative resource to all employees providing coaching, dispute resolution, professional development recommendations, or other appropriate support as necessary.
- Stays abreast of best practices, employment legislation, compliance requirements, industry trends and human capital market conditions to strengthen human resource function including hiring procedures, personnel policies, benefits administration, data maintenance, etc. to advance organizational goals.
- Accountable for compensation philosophy, structure, and review; benefits administration, disability, workers’ compensation, unemployment, and other insurance claims, I-9, federal and state employee reporting requirements, and all other human resources administrative and compliance requirements.
- Responds to and facilitates investigation and/or resolution of employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment and/or discrimination allegations.
· Minimum of bachelor’s degree and ten years of demonstrated progressive experience in human resources-related roles including at least five years in organizational human resources leadership roles.
- Innovative thinker with a track record of translating strategic thinking into inclusive action plans and results.
- Ability to build relationships across the breadth and depth of the organization and leverage relationships to drive the achievement of organizational goals.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, makes decisions based on accurate and timely data driven analysis.
- Champion of diversity, equity, and inclusion with proven experience driving organizational DEI culture.
- Proven experience and ability to lead, direct, coach, and mentor team in collaborative partnering to achieve goals.
- Intellectual curiosity and commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
- Excellent writing, editing, verbal, analytical, and presentation skills.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results -orientation.
Applicants should apply by September 21, 2022, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion