Chief People Officer for Crew Carwash - Indianapolis, Indiana
(This came to me from Megan Nail a fellow HR pro - Steve)
The Chief People Officer (CPO) is responsible for developing and executing overall human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of talent acquisition, talent management, talent development and training, talent retention, compensation structure, benefits and total wellbeing, diversity and inclusion, compliance and culture. The CPO reports to the family business leader EVP and provides strategic leadership by proactively articulating HR needs and plans to the executive management team and shareholders.
Display our Values, execute the Crew Purpose, achieve our Vision and deliver on our Team Member Promise and our Diversity Commitment
Your primary responsibility is to ensure that you are displaying, executing, achieving and delivering on the following...
The Crew Values
Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Fun, Accountability, WIT
The Crew Purpose
Create smiles and lifetime Customers
The Crew Vision
To be the service industry leader
The Crew Team Member Promise
We will provide a safe, rewarding, and inclusive environment, where you are valued and treated with respect. We will engage and challenge you with clear expectations, continual training, and coaching, so you will reach your full potential.
The Crew Diversity Commitment
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive Team that capitalizes on the talents of all Team Members, values all Customers, and reflects the communities we serve. We provide equal opportunities for all high-performing individuals regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or ethnicity.
Essential Job Functions
- Establishes and implements HR strategies that support the company's vision, mission, and overall business objectives. #1 job is to ensure we have programs and strategies in place to attract and retain “A” Players with high engagement.
- Functions as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of each business area (operations and support team functions) regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Leads the company’s overall compensation, incentives, benefits and wellbeing strategy and programs ensuring competitiveness and cost-effectiveness.
- Leads and creates the company’s diversity, equity and inclusion strategy and implements programs that align with the culture and business objectives.
- Responsible for driving company culture and engagement of the workforce and implementing strategies to continue to make Crew Carwash a Best Place to Work.
- Oversees Leaders in all current key areas of HR including Training and Development, Recruiting, Payroll & Benefits and Safety.
- Partners with senior leaders to implement, provide guidance and support Crew’s policies, practices and programs.
- Acts as an employee champion and change agent by anticipating HR-related needs and delivering value-added services for the benefit of the employees and with return on investment always in mind.
- Implements and manages compliance efforts with all the labor laws and regulations that govern private companies relating to all aspects of the employee life cycle.
- Develops and manages annual budgets for the HR department and performs cost and productivity analyses throughout the year.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends (carwash, retail, multi-site service), employment legislation and compliance and identifies new trends that could impact the business and employees. Active networker.
- Develops strategy and systems to stay ahead of employee-related concerns before they happen.
- Maintains an effective level of business literacy including company goals, mission, financial position, strategy, competition, ever-changing technology and culture.
- Spends significant time visiting locations meeting with associates, managers, support team members to identify strengths, gaps and develop game-plans to cost-effectively improve engagement.
- Spends significant time meeting with Director Department level leaders and their direct reports to identify strengths, gaps and develop game plans to cost-effectively improve engagements.
- A BS degree in business or human resources or equivalent experience; MBA in HR or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years of overall HR experience, with at least five years of Executive HR experience.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification preferred. Continuing education is required to maintain professional certifications.
- Technological savvy to drive efficiencies and to engage the workforce through innovations in technology solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Cross-functional business understanding with a P&L orientation.
- Strong financial acumen to broadly balance resources and understand the financial implications and tradeoffs of investments in every aspect of the business, including talent.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%