HR/OD Manager for the Skyline/Misleh Group - Cincinnati, OH
(This came to me from Mike Misleh, President of the Misleh Group - Steve)
We are excited to look for an HR/OD Manager to join our organization. If you're interested in the position, please email me your resume at: email@example.com
Position Title: Human Resources and Organizational Development Manager
Reports To: President
The HR & OD Manager continuously evaluates, researches, and develops organizational improvements that align with the strategic plan, increase efficiency, and strengthen employee knowledge and abilities. To achieve these goals, the HR & OD Manager analyzes metrics and designs policies surrounding human resource activities including recruitment & retention, compensation & benefits, learning & development, employee relations & compliance, and strategic development.
Responsibilities (Includes, but not limited to):
Recruitment & Retention
- Promotes the company's Purpose, Vision, Mission, and Company Values.
- Partners with store managers to determine current and future staffing needs, recruitment strategies, and retention.
- Oversees recruitment processes including application screening, interviewing, and background checks.
- Champions new hire orientation program and ensures all applicable paperwork is accurately completed. Educates new hires on culture and our mission.
- Maintains accurate electronic employment records and processes all personnel changes.
- Evaluates employee related metrics including turnover, retention, growth, terminations, etc.
Compensation & Benefits
- Processes payroll for all six store locations utilizing ADP.
- Creates and executes bonus program and initiatives.
- Maintains employee benefits programs including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and paid time off.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits.
- Partners with our broker to ensure we are offering a competitive benefits package.
- Makes recommendations to leadership regarding compensation and benefits programs.
- Develops strategy to keep employees informed of current and future benefit offerings.
Learning and Development
- Identifies areas of internal development opportunities among the management team and creates training programs along with the District Managers.
- Develops performance evaluation/career development procedures.
Employee Relations and Compliance
- Coaches managers through employee relation issues. Helps address employee grievances and investigations when applicable.
- Advises managers and employees on company policies.
- Updates the Employee Handbook and job descriptions.
- Processes COBRA notices, FMLA, worker’s compensations, OSHA notices, and unemployment claims.
- Carries out organizational assessments and employee satisfaction. Improves processes to meet strategic goals.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable federal, state, and local requirements.
- Serves as the strategic team facilitator and organizer.
- Helps drive the strategic team to a high-performance level through engagement, schedule management, initiative documentation and prioritization, and team member accountability.
- Provides meaningful feedback and suggestions to increase company efficiency and growth.
Skills and Abilities:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of progressive HR Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.