Remote Part-Time Recruiter (Contract) at Phoenix Contact
Working as part of a team this role is responsible for managing an excellent candidate experience through the full recruitment process. In this role you will own the full recruitment lifecycle including sourcing, screening, coordinating the interview process, and assisting with the offer and onboarding process.
This position is a contract/temporary role through at least December 2021.
- Manage the temporary workforce and contractors by working with hiring managers to identify workforce needs and the temp agencies to fill these needs.
- Support the internship program by managing the internship program process that includes managing the start and end dates of the program, as well as the program evaluation process.
- Source and attract candidates through job postings, internal databases and online tools (linkedin, facebook, job boards)
- Screen resumes and conduct phone screens with candidates
- Work with hiring managers and HR management to identify recruitment needs and job requirements
- Communicate and work closely with hiring managers to keep up to date with candidate feedback and inform candidates appropriately
- Coordinate interviews with management teams
- Maintain applicant tracking system by entering and updating candidate information
- Manage all communication with candidates
- Work with hiring manager and human resources manager to extend candidate offers
- Maintain candidate pipeline for current and future opportunities
- Assist with building and communicating the Phoenix Contact employment brand, while maintaining consistency with overall Phoenix Contact brand
- Assist with developing job postings to be used on appropriate job boards, social media, college sites, etc
- Track candidates via Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and other databases used for candidate tracking
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates
- Develop and maintain contacts with schools, alumni groups, and other professional organizations to find and attract applicants through the use of social media
- Demonstrate initiative by understanding what actions need to be taken and completing the required tasks while seeking the perspective of others as required.
- Demonstrate an honest and forthright presence; able to take responsibility for own mistakes while not blaming others; able to fulfill commitments.
- Work as a team player to make a difference within the business and express gratitude and appreciation to others who have provided information, assistance or support.
- Readily handle change through taking advantage of lifelong learning opportunities and being open minded and curious in the face of new challenges.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience
- Prior experience working in an agency or corporate recruiting environment
- 3 + years of experience recruiting on professional level positions
- Demonstrated experience sourcing candidates via online tools
- Experience with applicant tracking systems
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations, and law
- Must be well organized; able to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Must be able to effectively interact with personal from all departments
Essential Job Functions
- Must be able to travel via airplane.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to travel via automobile for up to six hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 15 lbs.
- Must be able to travel overnight up to 5 % of the time
- Comply with company dress code guidelines.
- Attendance in accordance with company policies.
- Maintain friendly, positive and professional attitude
Notice To Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, And Professional Recruiters
Phoenix Contact has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Phoenix Contact employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Phoenix Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Phoenix Contact, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Phoenix Contact mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Phoenix Contact employees, or to Phoenix Contact's resume database will be considered Phoenix Contact property. Phoenix Contact will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Phoenix Contact will consider any candidate for whom a Recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Recruiter free of any charges or fees. Phoenix Contact will not pay a fee to any Recruiter that does not have a signed Phoenix Contact contract in place specific to the position for which the resume was submitted. Recruiting vendor agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Phoenix Contact's Director of Organization Development and Talent Acquisition or his or her designee. No other Phoenix Contact employee is authorized to bind Phoenix Contact to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Recruiters. By submitting a candidate to Phoenix Contact, recruiters agree to be bound and comply with this policy.