Human Resources Delivery Partner at Jacobs in Herndon, Virginia
Location: Herndon, VA
Category: Human Resources
Job ID: CYB0000E0
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We’re invested in you and your success. Everything we do – whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications – is more than just a project. It’s our challenge as human beings, too. That’s why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It’s our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world’s greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
The HRDP will be a champion of the Jacobs culture and values while partnering with employees and management in designated performance unit(s). The HRDP partners with the HRBP and managers to deliver talent needs in support of organizational goals and objectives. The position requires building strong working relationships in order to serve as a trusted advisor to effectively implement and execute HR strategies focused on talent management and succession planning, talent review and strategic workforce planning, performance management, organizational effectiveness, workforce planning, and employee engagement. The HRDP will provide support to Programs within specific Performance Units undergoing rapid growth and transformation.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2+ years human resource experience
- BS in related field or equivalent work experience; advanced degree a plus
- Knowledge and experience in multiple HR disciplines including employee engagement, performance management, talent management, workforce effectiveness, succession planning, organizational development/design/effectiveness, change management, rewards and recognition
- HR Certifications a plus (CPTD, PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP)
- Experience with PeopleSoft HRIS a plus
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs tasks required to execute human resource programs including but not limited to employee engagement, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition and morale; and training and development.
- Serves as a tactical advisor on matters related to workforce planning and people operations.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Provides reports and analyzes trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Tracks compliance with mandatory training.
- Conducts new hire orientation; Develops relationships with new hires to enhance the onboarding experience.
- Audits and analyzes Stay Interviews and identify common threads that may impact retention; works with HRBPs to develop and implement retention initiatives.
- Conducts exit interviews and uses results to identify preventive actions.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from employees and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate HR Business Partner or staff.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of responsibilities.
- Maturity and professional demeanor to advise, challenge and partner with leaders in order to quickly become a trusted partner within the business.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and collaborate effectively.
- Works independently, with minimal guidance.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be a team player and be willing to be hands-on with tactical duties with an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- This position will be remote during the current office closure period. Work location and telework schedule can be flexible upon return to the workplace as conditions permit.
- Once offices open back up, there could be (mostly) local travel required.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a minimum 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.