Benefits Specialist, Hilltop Companies - Northern Kentucky
Job Opportunity – Benefits Specialist with Hilltop Companies in Northern, KY
Are you a savvy, energetic and results-oriented individual? Are you a well-organized Benefits expert who thrives in a fast-paced environment? If so, we want to speak with you about our position!
As the Benefits Specialist with Hilltop Companies, you will manage the day-to-day operations of the Company’s benefits program. You will be responsible for directing and implementing all health, welfare, and retirement plans for the organization while maintaining an employee-focused culture.
Specific responsibilities of this position include:
- Administration of employee benefit programs such as group health, dental, life, HSA, and short term/long term disability insurance.
- Present and assist New Hires with benefit options and the selection process.
- Assist employees with questions regarding benefits, while managing benefit paperwork.
- Run required benefit reports and assist with internal audits.
- Ensure employees' benefits are enabled or terminated as appropriate while managing the incoming/outgoing documentation related to benefits.
- Maintain up-to-date and thorough knowledge of employee benefit provisions and eligibility requirements.
- Prepare and distribute written and verbal information to inform employees of benefits programs and coordinate the annual enrollment process.
- Ensure all information in the HRIS database is current and accurate.
- Ensure benefit invoices are submitted for timely payment and ensure all benefit deductions are accurate.
- Serve as the liaison between the insurance companies and the employees.
- Administer and monitor leave of absence programs which include, medical, military, personal, jury, worker's compensation, etc.
- Work cooperatively with others in Human Resources and Payroll Departments to process and coordinate all employee leaves and absences, including those relating to workers' compensation claims.
- Partner with HR Coordinator as needed for recruiting, onboarding, and termination efforts.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned by the Director of Human Resources.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High School diploma or GED required; 1-3 years HR experience, SHRM-CP a plus.
- Experience in either the processing of employee health insurance claims or general employee benefits administration, preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, experience with Paylocity a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
For more than 80 years, Hilltop has served the construction materials industry. The Hilltop story has always been one of dedication to quality and customer service, along with strong ties to family and community. From mining Limestone, Sand, and Gravel to producing Ready Mixed Concrete, our journey would not be possible without the hard work and dedication of our employees over the years.
To learn more about our culture and the products and services that we provide, please visit our website:
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.