HR Assistant - Council on Aging, Cincinnati, Ohio
(This came to me from Corinne Cordero of COA - Steve)
Council on Aging of Southwestern Ohio (COA) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for older adults, people with disabilities, their families and caregivers. We promote choice, independence, dignity and well-being through a range of services that help people remain in their homes for as long as possible.
COA is a state-designated Area Agency on Aging, serving a 5-county region. One call to COA links people to the wide variety of agencies, information and programs that serve older adults and people with disabilities.
COA has more than 300 employees, close to 300 contracted providers, and an annual budget of over $87 million.
Our mission: Enhance lives by assisting people to remain independent through a range of quality services.
Position Description (Full job description available upon request):
Function as the primary first contact to employees, managers, supervisors, vice presidents and any external customers for the Human Resources Department. Complete monthly required background checks, licensure checks, filing, copying, maintaining new hires in HRIS and updating policy and procedures, Creating and loading all documentation into the HRIS systems and other systems utilized by the HR Department. Maintain all personnel files according to funder and federal regulations. Assist with conducting applicant research, phone screenings, reference checks, social media candidate search as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Verify licensure renewals, required insurance information and training records for staff who are required to be licensed and update licensure records in HRIS.
- Ensure all information in HRIS systems are up to date and correct.
- Complete and maintain all required screenings for Medicaid First Tier Downstream Entity both manual and through an automated process.
- Complete all filing (personnel, payroll, medical and training) ensuring all files are up to date and that all HR file facilities or storage areas are compliant and ready for any possible audit.
- Prepare all new hire files and paperwork. Perform new hire onboarding process.
- Conduct applicant research, phone screenings, social media candidate search, background, reference checks, and licensure checks.
- Maintain and place new hire information into HRIS and assist with the update of policy and procedures. Ensure all documentation is created and loaded into the HRIS systems and personnel files according to funders and federal regulations.
- Assist with recruitment and researching, new hire orientation, annual benefits open enrollment, job fairs, all staff meetings, training and agency retreat.
- Complete Administrative functions in assigned systems.
- Maintain compliance with overall funding contracts regarding employee data and information.
- Respond to outside inquiries regarding employment verifications.
- Process injury/illness reports for Vice President of People Services to ensure the timely processing of medical bills, reviews medical reports, witness statements, department investigation results and other documentation.
- Perform backup functions for payroll processing.
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of experience and/or education in HR
- At least one year of experience in Human Resources or related functions.
- One year of experience in coordinating and/or conducting adult training is preferred.
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office products and complex software programs.
- Strong administrative, organizational and decision-making skills
- Analytical skills to be able to assess and apply data.
- Ability to lead and influence others toward achieving program goals.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest confidentiality with all communications and information. Tactful, diplomatic.
- Payroll experience a plus.
Pay: Starting at $19.00 per hour. Pay based upon experience and education.
Please apply through our website - www.help4seniors.org