Director of Talent Acquisition, Episcopal Retirement Services, Cincinnati
At Episcopal Retirement Services (ERS), you can enjoy what you do and be proud of your work every day! Join an organization voted a Top Work Place for the past nine years!
The Director of Talent Acquisition is a newly created position on the ERS Human Resources leadership team. This strategic role will report directly to the Vice President of Human Resources and Organizational Development. This influential leadership position on the human resources team will lead talent acquisition strategies for our growing organization in order to support our residential communities and services in Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky. The Director of Talent Acquisition will serve as a resource to recruiters as well as organizational leaders to achieve and maintain optimal staffing goals, hiring and retention strategies, and cultural alignment. The Director of Talent Acquisition will support human resources and hiring needs for the various processes in the organization including Continuum of Care Retirement Communities (CCRC), Affordable Living for Seniors, Community Based Services and the ERS Business Support Office. The position will support and promote ERS as an employer of choice in the region.
Episcopal Retirement Services is an industry leader in health care and aging services. At ERS, our philosophy of care guides us to maintain every person’s dignity, and provide the same standard of excellence in care to every resident. We have a long, successful track record of providing a wide range of services for older adults and their families. At ERS, our employees will tell you, when you love what you do, it shows!
- Ensures strategic alignment to ERS’s goals, gaining an understanding of the local and regional labor markets. Aligns ERS in the region as an “employer of choice". Through talent acquisition / recruitment strategies, promotes and supports outstanding customer service, person-centered care and hospitality at all ERS locations. Promotes ERS as a Top Work Place in the community.
- Demonstrates an understanding of various workforce segments and positions within each, as well as the skills, competencies (culturally and clinically), and experiences necessary for success at ERS. Advises hiring managers regarding position qualifications, job description content and a culturally aligned selection process for new and recently vacated positions.
- Manages and provides leadership to recruiters and other human resources team members in Cincinnati Ohio and Louisville Kentucky. Ensures that the recruiters provide excellent customer service to all, both hiring managers and staff. Provides direction, goal setting, feedback and development opportunities to recruiters.
- Is willing to travel to all ERS communities as needed to provide talent acquisition leadership and customer service.
- Uses strategic digital media recruitment to attract talent. Offers a critical review of talent acquisition communication, i.e. content for digital media, collateral materials, advertising and internal communication. Works in partnership with Marketing team, creates and promotes ERS’s employment brand. Includes activities that illustrate, articulate and define ERS’s image, organizational culture, key differentiators, reputation, products and services.
- Fosters a robust community presence and develops external relationships in order to communicate the employer brand of ERS as an employer of choice; seeks to add new avenues for sourcing of talent in the community.
- Ensures that there is a strategy for each open position. Models a proactive approach to be used by the talent acquisition team to provide advisement to hiring managers regarding job posting, sourcing strategies and all aspects of the selection process.
- Ensures that recruiters post new positions internally, run ads as appropriate and within budget, leverages use of websites and social media sites, makes connections with associations, schools, and businesses.
- As a member of the human resources team, demonstrates agility to support organizational change; acts as a key driver for culture change
- Provides coaching and advice to ERS leaders regarding best practices for talent acquisition, pre-employment assessments, employee relations and performance management.
- Responsible for the collection and analysis of talent acquisition metrics; analyze data to report on themes and patterns; provides critical review and recommendations to VP of HR, Servant Leadership team and HR team; ensures that weekly talent acquisition reporting is complete and communicated to both leaders and all staff; provides talent acquisition metrics and narrative for Board of Director reporting throughout the year.
- Grows and develops avenues that promote the diversity of the ERS workforce; promotes inclusion in line with ERS Values.
- Assists with employee relations, providing requested forms and answering basic HR questions.
- Provides learning, guidance and resources for ERS managers to grow in their knowledge and practice of selecting and onboarding talent
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Communications, Business Administration or related field required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in strategic talent acquisition required
- Experience with health care recruitment preferred
- Experience with employer branding and strategic digital media recruitment preferred
- Experience serving in a leadership role in health care with demonstrated success preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite and applicant tracking system required
- SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- Ability to relate to staff across multiple processes and have strong interpersonal skills
To apply, please visit our website: www.episcopalretirement.com/careers