HR Director, Velocity Urgent Care - Williamsburg, VA
Velocity Urgent Care is seeking a Director of Human Resources to support the leadership team and staff of a twelve clinic urgent care practice in Coastal Virginia, with rapid growth plans to other areas of the state.
With the support of the People Operations team at the headquarters in Machesney Park, IL, the Director of Human Resources will be responsible for the overall planning and execution of the human resources function. You will provide professional expertise and guidance in all areas of human resources, including employment law, recruitment, training, benefit and compensation. This position reports to the CEO and directly supervises an HR Generalist and a Talent Acquisition Specialist. As a working leader, you will be supporting the practice, and responsibilities will be a blend of strategic leadership and tactical execution.
- Provide expertise in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, talent acquisition, compensation and rewards, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs, and strategic development.
- Champion the urgent care practice culture and values, partnering with leaders to help them build and develop their teams.
- Utilizes advanced HR acumen to educate and influence business partners at the executive level; aligns departmental goals with organizational goals to ensure maximum contribution to the overall success of the business.
- In coordination with corporate HR Leadership, research, develop, revise and facilitate implementation of employment policies and procedures.
- Oversee full lifecycle of recruiting clinicians (MD, PA, NP) and clinical staff: recruit, screen, and recommend potential hires by using various posting and sourcing methods (internal and external). Ensures alignment between the human capital vision, mission, and organization business strategy. Assist and provide guidance to hiring managers and teams in managing the interview process to include scheduling, and preparing questions and other materials. Manage the employment offer process.
- Builds strong relationships within partner organizations and seeks appropriate outside affiliations to positively position the business within local communities (boards, committees, college/university affiliations, etc.).
- Consult with and train leadership staff to ensure compliance with all state/federal law; respond to all staff grievances and complaints; perform internal investigations and oversee necessary documentation; act as liaison with legal counsel on labor related issues.
- Recommends tools and programs to enhance HR effectiveness; determines which programs/tools to introduce broadly.
- Anticipates industry changes and partners with executives to pro-actively develop a course of action to create sustainable value.
- Identifies talent within their team that is best suited for managing and leading projects that have the potential to affect change.
- Coordinate termination process; conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Maintain employee files and human resource information system records; compile reports and analyze data such as turnover, demographics, compensation, etc.
- In conjunction with corporate HR, coordinate ongoing and annual open enrollment communications and election process.
- Maintain expertise and ensure compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations including but not limited to: EEOC, FLSA, ERISA, ADA, Affordable Care Act, FMLA/OFLA/VCCL.
- Fosters a departmental culture with an appropriate focus on business acumen and understanding operational goals and objectives.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Demonstrated HR expertise and business acumen
- Ability to travel regularly between urgent care locations; majority of travel will be day trips
- Strong professional presence; proven ability to effectively work with senior-level management
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with clinical managers and applicants
- Strong working knowledge Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work effectively under stress, meet short deadlines and take directions
- Strong understanding of employment process, employee relations, benefits, compensation, training and development
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field and seven (7) or more years of exempt level HR management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree and SHRM-SCP and/or SPHR credential(s) preferred.
- Experience in healthcare industry strongly preferred.
- Experience with high volume recruiting required, preferably in the healthcare industry.