HR Generalist - BWay Corporation
BWAY is one of the largest manufacturers of rigid metal and plastic containers in North America. Our diverse products and broad geographic reach have made us a market leader in the general line packaging industry. BWAY offers comprehensive packaging for a wide variety of applications. BWAY is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities/females/vets/disability.
The Human Resources Generalist is the first point of contact for employees at an assigned location by providing any necessary employee related support or assistance. This includes the areas of employee/labor relations, benefit/compensation administration, safety and training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides day-today employee relations and performance counseling. Assures fair and consistent administration of all human resources policies and practices.
• Resolves any employee concerns or issues within the Cincinnati location.
• Strives to ensure that there is strong communication of all employee programs in an effort to increase employee engagement and morale.
• Implements programs related to human resources and employee relations
• Partners with management in communicating various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and governmental regulations.
• Administers payroll processing, time and attendance recording, paid time off benefits, processing company compensation and benefits programs.
• Delivers and administrates BWAY training programs
• Responsible for keeping compliant records, reports and communications updates.
• Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment or any other HR related policies and procedures.
• Conducts new hire orientation and any other necessary on-boarding activities.
• Maintains accurate records within HRIS system and prepares any necessary reports.
• Performs any recruitment activities which include posting open positons, reviewing resumes, screening applicants as well as setting up/coordinating any interviews with hiring manager.
• May be involved in investigating employee related issues and/or concerns.
• Must have experience in recruiting i.e. job fairs,
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource or related field, Master’s degree a plus
- Minimum 2 to 5 years work experience in an HR role
- Previous Union and manufacturing industry experience, required
- Demonstrated ability to model leadership behaviors on a continual basis; partners with leadership in a dynamic business environment
- Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Knowledge of Human Resource related Federal/State laws
- Good organizational, planning and follow up skills
• Attention to Communication
• Managing Change
• Personal Credibility
• Fostering Teamwork
• Strategic Thinking
To apply, please visit our website at www.BWayCorp.com