HR Manager position in Huntsville, AL
The Human Resources Manager will oversee the organization's human resources functions and define organizational HR policies. Develop and deliver talent acquisition and management programs that support the organization's overall strategic direction. Responsible for all other aspects of human resources including education/training, development, compensation, compliance, benefits and employee relations. Remain current on laws, regulations, and plan design trends, ensuring that the organization's policies and programs conform to laws and are competitive. The HR Manager also supervises the Facilities function.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Continually reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters. Communicates changes to all employees.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization's compliance with all federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all HR matters.
- Assists executive management in the review, preparation and administration of the organization's wage and salary program. Provides guidance to managers and supervisors in the use and application of salary ranges and increase guidelines, job evaluation plans and interpretation of human resources policies and procedures.
- Directs the maintenance of human resources records and data systems and reviews employee changes in status to ensure fair and equitable application of compensation, human resources and employee relations policies and practices.
- Plans, designs and manages all health and welfare programs and wellness programs in a multi-state environment.
- Responsible for planning new employee orientation processes and programs.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the COO, on personnel matters.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the senior management of each business unit regarding key organizational and management issues
- Recommends, evaluates and participates in leadership and staff development for the organization. Works with Corporate leadership to establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the company.
- Develops and maintains a human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as staffing or relocation services.
- Supervises the staff of the Human Resources, Facilities and Safety functions. Serves as the Corporate EEO Coordinator.
- Coordinates and manages employee events and activities. Supports employee engagement activities and serves as employee ownership and ESOP advocate.
- Participates on committees, special projects and proposals. Seeks additional responsibilities.
- Business Acumen.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Ethical Practice.
- Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Leadership & Navigation.
- Relationship Management.
This position manages all employees of the HR and Facilities areas and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within those areas.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as desktop & laptop computers and smartphones. Experience with Microsoft Office SW products a requirement, experience with Deltek Costpoint preferred.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position regularly requires extra hours and weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-state and overnight travel will be required.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in business or related discipline required. At least10 years of experience required including at least 5 years of management experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Masters/MBA a plus
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), or HRCI SPHR or PHR credential preferred
- 5 years or more experience in a Government services contractor environment a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Maintain SHRM-SCP certification or have the ability to obtain certification within 12 months of hire.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Link to Apply: http://www.torchtechnologies.com/careers/openings/torch-2293