HR Generalist w/Iconic Cincinnati based Restaurant Group
Immediate Opening for a Corporate Human Resources Generalist - Corporate Office
An integral member of the Human Resources Department & is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function.
As a member of the HR department, anticipates the needs of the Director of Human Resources and performs duties continuously delegated, such as:
1. Assists with implementation of new electronic onboarding process.
2. Trains and supports restaurant management teams to use software and applications used in onboarding, compensation, and employee record keeping.
3. Initiate recruitment efforts, prepare and post job openings and monitor applicant activity; and oversees the processing of background and drug test screenings for new employees.
4. Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations; periodically conduct audits.
5. Recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures.
6. Files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
7. Maintains organizational charts and employee directory.
8. Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
9. Monitors employee eligibility for benefits plans. Reviews benefits with employees and processes enrollment, cancellation or changes. Maintains and distributes list of new and cancelled employees under each benefit plan. Verifies benefit billing accuracy and processes for payment.
10. Administers COBRA for group health plans and documentation.
11. Manages personal leaves of absence.
12. Handles and track corrective action counseling as employee relations specialist; Investigates harassment and discrimination claims and resolve conflict.
13. Assists with the development and execution of a periodic performance appraisal process for restaurant personnel.
14. Maintains databases and documentation supporting employee performance appraisals and employee terminations.
15. Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
16. Prepare restaurant-level turnover reports and other employee-related analytics
17. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
18. Maintain HRIS records and employee files compiling reports as necessary.
19. Report, maintain and monitor workers' compensation case files; follow-up on open cases.
a. Ability to sit, stand, reach, bend and stoop
b. Ability to lift and carry supplies and equipment up to 20 pounds
c. Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations
Training & Experience:
a. Minimum five (5) years Human Resource experience in restaurant industry is a MUST
b. Detailed oriented
c. Ability to maintain & handle sensitive, classified information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
d. Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
e. Proficient in Microsoft Office – Particularly Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
f. Good working knowledge of English, grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, etc.
g. Knowledge of efficient office procedures – Strong administrative, organizational skills
h. Ability to work effectively with both employees and management team
i. Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at once
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources
Salary: $45,000 - $55,000 yr + Generous Benefit package