HR Director Role for Kona Ice - Florence, Kentucky
(This came to me from Allison Greene of Kona Ice - Steve)
Kona Ice is currently looking for an HR Director to join our team. If you're interested in being considered for this role, please email me at: email@example.com
Here is a description of the role:
The Human Resource Director will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource (HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
Duties and other Responsibilities:
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, and trainings to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Will collaborate with the company's chief learning officer on the design and direction of staff training and development programs.
- Developing and implementing an onboarding process.
- Develop and manage employee performance reviews.
- Handling employee benefits.
- Managing payroll.
- Identifying staff needs and develops and executes best practices for hiring.
- Oversees the administration of disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; and occupational health and safety.
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required skills for the role:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- At least five (5) years of human resource management experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, or PHR is highly preferred.
- Schedule/hours - Monday – Friday; 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Salary range: $60,000 - $80,000; depending on experience.